Opencore Update from 0.5.8 to 0.6.4 on x570+3600 - worth it?

awediohead

AMD OS X Member
I built my ryzentosh a few months back based on 0.5.8 - it's an Asus Tuf Gaming x570, 32 GB 3733 MHz, 3600 CPU with an RX580 8GB

It's been pretty solid, though I wouldn't go so far as to trust it to wake from sleep, when in active use I've found it at least as reliable as my Intel hacks.

On the basis of "if it ain't broke . . . . " is there any reason to update from 0.5.8 to the latest 0.6.4 specific to improvements for AMD hackintosh? As opposed to, for example improvements targetting Big Sur compatibility which are of zero interest to me. I might update to Catalina, but again don't see any particular reason to since Mojave runs the apps I need. Be interested to hear any counter arguments or user experiences of benefits going from Mojave to Catalina?

But my main question is has anything significant changed from 0.5.8 to 0.6.4 on Ryzentosh that makes the whole process worth going through?
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.