Nvidia 1070ti not recognized, instead says "display 3mb" for graphics

fredbutbetter

AMD OS X Member
Hey guys, after some other bugs I got my build working, other than the fact that I can't get my graphics card to work. As the title states, in the about mac section, under graphics, it says display 3mb, and in the section that gives more details, it recognizes that it is an nvidia card but again reiterates that it only has 3mb of vram. I have used the method at https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update and the nvidia driver panel appears to work properly, and appears perfectly fine in the top bar. I have also downloaded cuda drivers, but the cuda driver menu says that it does not recognize any graphics card.

There are a lot of videos of how to fix this using clover, but as I used opencore, I would really like to find a fix rather than a complete reinstall. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ive included my config.plist, and I am using:
drivers - HfsPlus, OpenRuntime
kexts - AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, SmallTreeInter82576, WhateverGreen

Attachments

• config.plist
    41.9 KB · Views: 3

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If you've installed the drivers already add this boot arg to the NVRAM section of your config,

Code:
nvda_drv_vrl=1

fredbutbetter

AMD OS X Member
If you've installed the drivers already add this boot arg to the NVRAM section of your config,

Code:
nvda_drv_vrl=1

Hey shaneee, thanks again for the help. Unless I am mistaken, it is already there in my boot args. In addition, ive tried just nvda_drv=1 and both at the same time, none of which works.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
What version of High Sierra? 10.13.6 (17G14033) is the newest.

fredbutbetter

AMD OS X Member
Yes, I just did the update to 17G14033 and then uninstalled and reinstalled the web drivers using the ben dobell script (twice to make sure) and it still has the same error. I updated because someone else told me that my previous version (17g66) wasn';t supported, but it doesnt seem that this version is supported either. Do you know what version of the web drivers I should have? The most recent ones are 387.10.10.10.40.138 which are supposed to be for 17G14019, which seems to be a bit old.

mLord

AMD OS X Member
Yes, I just did the update to 17G14033 and then uninstalled and reinstalled the web drivers using the ben dobell script (twice to make sure) and it still has the same error. I updated because someone else told me that my previous version (17g66) wasn';t supported, but it doesnt seem that this version is supported either. Do you know what version of the web drivers I should have? The most recent ones are 387.10.10.10.40.138 which are supposed to be for 17G14019, which seems to be a bit old.
did you find any solution?? I'm also running high sierra 17g66 but unable to install nvidia web drivers, it says need to update mac os x

phyxia

AMD OS X Member
I try few version High Siera. I think 17G65 is the best perfect for Nvidia Driver Support.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.