Need help with a small but annoying problem.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi,
Anybody know why I’ve got a good 5 second hang before loading into OpenCanopy (like I was using the debug version of opencore) and once it loads into the bootpicker the keyboard is lagging real bad and I can’t use the mouse if I try to activate it via the plist or via a driver? (Once big sur loads all lag has gone and the mouse is fine)
im guessing it’s all connected but I’m all out of ideas.
this is using a Gigabyte X570 Pro with a Ryzen 5900x,
it’s the only problem I have left with the build so if anyone knows what’s the problem then please do help and tell.
:)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm I'm not sure. I've actually got this too but never thought it about it. I disabled OpenCanopy and it didn't make a difference. Not sure if this happens on Intel, if it does maybe worth mentioning on the acidanthera bug tracker.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ah ok so it’s not just me then.
on my 9900k build and backwards it would never happen and the time between bios post and the bootpicker was always around a second. Something is defo a miss and your right it needs to be bug reported and hopefully fixed.
I’ve already asked Fritz over on IM and stuck a debug.txt on the post for them to look at. Hopefully one of them does.
watch this space in that case.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ok so the OC Devs do not want to know. As it’s a AMD build I got a response of sorry AMD is not supported!
Awesome...lol
hmmmmm

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Shaneee To fix the laggy keyboard in OpenCanopy go into your plist and Disable Keysupport under input in UEFI and then add driver OpenUsbKbDxe to your drivers folder and add it to the Drivers in the plist and your keyboard will respond as it should do In OpenCanopy.
As for the long pause, studying the error log I see no errors but the hang is happening in the UEFI part of the plist so it’s something within there. Could be a quirk or could be a bug, I’m getting used to it now tbh but I know my OCD won’t let me rest until I get to the bottom of it...lol

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah unless you can provide a fix for AMD they won't investigate. I've no keyboard issue just the long pause for the GUI.

Edit: I've changed two values in the config, Misc -> Debug -> DisplayLevel and Misc -> Security -> HaltLevel and it seems to be better now.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Shaneee Sounds promising, Let me try that, What did you change them too? :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@AudioGod Changed them to 0

I've got a suspicion it's related to the ScanPolicy but not too sure.

Last edited:

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
Is this still a thing? I feel like it takes too long to show the open canopy icons on mine.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Is this still a thing? I feel like it takes too long to show the open canopy icons on mine.
Now we are digging up the past concerning this one. 😂
It’s just the X570 way.
Im used to it now, It’s not that long a pause but back then when I posted this cry for help I had just switched from a Intel system and that pause was non existent so it was a bit of a head scratch for me to what was going on.

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
Now we are digging up the past concerning this one. 😂
It’s just the X570 way.
Im used to it now, It’s not that long a pause but back then when I posted this cry for help I had just switched from a Intel system and that pause was non existent so it was a bit of a head scratch for me to what was going on.

Could be the Scan Policy
More likely it’s the fact the X570 has 3 USB Controllers and it take longer to scan them at start up. (Again could be connected to the scan policy)

I don’t notice it anymore TBH,
Lmao I am OCD as well sorry.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Lmao I am OCD as well sorry.
😂
Could be the Scan Policy
More likely it’s the fact the X570 has 3 USB Controllers and it take longer to scan them at start up. (Again could be connected to the scan policy)

I don’t notice it anymore TBH,

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
For me it started like half a year ago. I disabled HfsPlus.efi/ConnectDrivers, after that OC has been loading quickly again.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
For me it started like half a year ago. I disabled HfsPlus.efi/ConnectDrivers, after that OC has been loading quickly again.
You got me excited then but alas No, Makes no diff for me.
Is it instant for you now or just a not so long a pause?
I was referring to it being instant when I was Intel.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
With ConnectDrivers disabled, OC loads instantly.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Aluveitie DUDEEEEEEEE!
You are right, I had the system still in debug mode as I’m running some tests at the moment.
I just flipped to my standard EFI and disabled Disconnect Driver and now it really is instant.
You know what you are don’t you?
Legend Brother Legend. 👏👏👏👏👏🙏💪👍🔥

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I never thought I would see the day I would mark this problem as solved.
You made me a happy bunny brother. Many Thank Yous 😀

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Glad it worked. Didn't have that issue with earlier versions of OC, it suddenly took longer to load and I accidentally stumbled over the note for ConnectDrivers on Dortania...

Just need to remember to reactivate it when booting a USB installer.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Glad it worked. Didn't have that issue with earlier versions of OC, it suddenly took longer to load and I accidentally stumbled over the note for ConnectDrivers on Dortania...
The Quirk must of come into effect around the same time I flipped from Intel to AMD and back then everybody I asked gave me the same response so I just learned to accept it and move on. This is why I am so chuffed now. Hehe
Have a said Thank You yet? 😂
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, hahahhahahaha no really Thank You Bro :)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.