Need help installing macOS Sonoma on Asus ROG Strix X670E-A, R5 7600X, RX6800XT

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
I've tried different pre-made EFI builds and added my own KEXTs to USB but nothing worked. I'm really interested in this installation topic but I can't seem to get it to work(((, I could only find BIOS setup guides for Intel platforms .I'll owe you one!
Added a report from Aida64 about the system

Attachments

• Info.plist
    10.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Report.txt
    991.4 KB · Views: 6

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
plist posted is not useful
TRy to post an EFI and read other x670e threads here
to start
Fast boot disabled (not mandatory but better to follow tradidional guideline)
4G ON/UEFI On /CSM DIsabled
use a opencore debug bootloader to find your MMIO whitelist or try to use the one useful for you from others asus users (x670e)
USE latest AMD Vanilla kernel patches (disable Visuals ones and enable AM5 one and set core counts of the first four patches to 06 (BX00 become BX06 in replace part)
these steps to start :)

your wifi is not compatible
Your Ethernet will work using an old apple kext

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
plist posted is not useful
TRy to post an EFI and read other x670e threads here
to start
Fast boot disabled (not mandatory but better to follow tradidional guideline)
4G ON/UEFI On /CSM DIsabled
use a opencore debug bootloader to find your MMIO whitelist or try to use the one useful for you from others asus users (x670e)
USE latest AMD Vanilla kernel patches (disable Visuals ones and enable AM5 one and set core counts of the first four patches to 06 (BX00 become BX06 in replace part)
these steps to start :)

your wifi is not compatible
Your Ethernet will work using an old apple kext
Hello! Thank you, I will try everything from scratch now.

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
опубликованный список бесполезен
Попытайтесь опубликовать EFI и прочитать другие темы x670e здесь.
начать
Быстрая загрузка отключена (не обязательно, но лучше следовать традиционным рекомендациям)
4G ВКЛ./UEFI ВКЛ./CSM ВЫКЛ.
используйте загрузчик отладки с открытым ядром, чтобы найти свой белый список MMIO, или попробуйте использовать полезный для вас загрузчик от других пользователей Asus (x670e)
ИСПОЛЬЗУЙТЕ последние патчи ядра AMD Vanilla (отключите Visuals и включите AM5, а количество ядер первых четырех патчей установите на 06 (BX00 станет BX06 в заменяющей части)
эти шаги для начала:)

ваш Wi-Fi несовместим
Ваш Ethernet будет работать с использованием старого яблочного кекста.
Здравствуйте, все равно не помогло(((, не знаю что делать дальше.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 10

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Здравствуйте, все равно не помогло(((, не знаю что делать дальше.
I noticed two things, you are using NootRed.kext for grapics which might work but you should be better suited enabling your RX6800XT cardswith Whatevergreen.kext and agdpmod=pikera boot argument. Also UTBMap.kext does nothing without also loading USBToolBox.kext first

Edit: Three things, your Booter/ MmioWhitelist section of the config.plist is empty. Usually that is reason enough for an AM5 system not to boot.

Last edited:

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@kamikadzik you didnt follow any indications (mmh, no maybe one only) i gave you on my first message :)
now with your EFI i can be more precise :p

1) are you using latest asus bios for your motherboard? If So, DSDT you use in ACPI folder is it for your motherboard?
2) if you are using A proper DSDT for your motherboard in booter quirk you have to enable a quirk (Rebase region)
3) in kernel patch section disable patches 19 and 20 (Visual | thread ones)
4) use a debug version for your opencore bootloader and set in Misc/Debug section target value to 67 (this add would help to create your proper MMIO Whitelist and enabling only a MMIO Area you need to reassign to your motherboard
5) if you set correctly your BIOS (4G on, CSM Off,UEFI on and so on, check also how you set resize bar option, if it is on change in your booter /Quirks section ResizeAppleGPUBars to 0 (now is set to disabler (-1))
6) your bootarg are wrong and not grammatically corrected (alCid not alSid), also ethernet kext is wong for your intel i225 (i said before)

follow this and post (if you did not solve this problem before your Opencore debug txt file you will find in your booting EFI partition)

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@kamikadzik this is an EFI to try on your systemùif you like try and post the result
it would be better to follow my previous advice to understand better how it works (i hope it works)
I have inserted your DSDT (the one you proposed in your EFI) but read the point 1 and 2) :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 7

saidsst

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I'm new with hackintosh.

I have the same specs, and I tried to use your last efi with no luck.​

ROG Strix X670-A, R7 7700X, RX 6900XT​

MB bios ROG-STRIX-X670E-A-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-2124

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-07-26 at 5.51.42 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-26 at 5.51.42 PM.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 2

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I'm new with hackintosh.

I have the same specs, and I tried to use your last efi with no luck.​

ROG Strix X670-A, R7 7700X, RX 6900XT​

MB bios ROG-STRIX-X670E-A-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-2124
your CPU is different then the user has (8 cores yours , 6 the user one)so to start you have to change corecount
also you have to patch your DSDT if you use 2124 bios
I advice you to tag @corpghost on amd OSX discord server because he is buiding a tool whhich can help the users to patch dsdt via ACPI patches method

Last edited:

saidsst

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I have tried this one and its works fine with Ventura, but with Sonoma no luck.
Seeking your support and help to install Sonoma.

Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI_3.zip
    51.3 MB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.