My Nvidia 730K can drive the graphics card, but I switched to an Asus Prime 6600X graphics card and started with the code. Has any expert encountered

fisherman2715

AMD OS X Member
My Nvidia 730K can drive the graphics card, but I switched to an Asus Prime 6600X graphics card and started with the code. Has any expert encountered this kind of problem

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    18.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which problem?

You don’t mention any problem, just that you switched from an Nvidia GT 730 to an AMD RX6600 XT.

Are you running macOS Monterey 12.1 or newer? The drivers for the RX6600 series of cards were only added to macOS in Monterey 12.1.

Have you added the agdpmod=pikera boot argument to your config.plist?

fisherman2715

AMD OS X Member
Which problem?

You don’t mention any problem, just that you switched from an Nvidia GT 730 to an AMD RX6600 XT.

Are you running macOS Monterey 12.1 or newer? The drivers for the RX6600 series of cards were only added to macOS in Monterey 12.1.

Have you added the agdpmod=pikera boot argument to your config.plist?
I'm running a version of macOS Monterey 12.2.1. Card code appears after replacement of display card.
I don't know how to add agdpmod=pikera boot parameter in config.plist?
Can you explain the steps? Thank you

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
  1. That being the case how have you created your EFI folder attached to post #1?
    1. Have you just lifted it from another thread?
    2. Was it at least based on the same components you are using in your system?
  2. The USBPorts.kext and the SMBIOS in your config.plist don't match.
    1. The USBPorts.kext is set for use with an iMacPro1,1 system.
    2. You are using a MacPro7,1 SMBIOS in your config.plist.
    3. This means the USBPorts.kext is not going to work in your system as it stands.
    4. Both the USBPorts.kext system definition and the config.plist system definition need to match for the kext to work.
  3. The /EFI/OC/Kexts folder contains a number of unnecessary kexts, that won't help your system.
  4. The SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml table is better suited to an Intel system. You should be using the SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml table.
Adding a boot argument to an OpenCore config.plist is simple.
  • Ensure you have a plist editor installed. I use Corpnewt's ProperTree editor.
  • Open your config.plist using ProperTree.
  • Navigate to the NVRAM section in the config.plist
  • Under NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 will be the 'Key' boot-args.
    • In the 'Value' column will be the existing boot arguments.
    • This is where you add the agdpmod=pikera boot argument, which is required for any Navi RX5000 or RX6000 series dGPU.
  • see the screenshot below with the boot-args highlighted and the full list of boot arguments used in your config.plist, including the new one.
Screenshot 2022-07-16 at 19.12.00.png Screenshot from ProperTree showing Boot Arguments in config.plist

Try booting with the EFI folder attached, you may have more luck with this one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 2

fisherman2715

AMD OS X Member
  1. That being the case how have you created your EFI folder attached to post #1?
    1. Have you just lifted it from another thread?
    2. Was it at least based on the same components you are using in your system?
  2. The USBPorts.kext and the SMBIOS in your config.plist don't match.
    1. The USBPorts.kext is set for use with an iMacPro1,1 system.
    2. You are using a MacPro7,1 SMBIOS in your config.plist.
    3. This means the USBPorts.kext is not going to work in your system as it stands.
    4. Both the USBPorts.kext system definition and the config.plist system definition need to match for the kext to work.
  3. The /EFI/OC/Kexts folder contains a number of unnecessary kexts, that won't help your system.
  4. The SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml table is better suited to an Intel system. You should be using the SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml table.
Adding a boot argument to an OpenCore config.plist is simple.
  • Ensure you have a plist editor installed. I use Corpnewt's ProperTree editor.
  • Open your config.plist using ProperTree.
  • Navigate to the NVRAM section in the config.plist
  • Under NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 will be the 'Key' boot-args.
    • In the 'Value' column will be the existing boot arguments.
    • This is where you add the agdpmod=pikera boot argument, which is required for any Navi RX5000 or RX6000 series dGPU.
  • see the screenshot below with the boot-args highlighted and the full list of boot arguments used in your config.plist, including the new one.
View attachment 6611 Screenshot from ProperTree showing Boot Arguments in config.plist

Try booting with the EFI folder attached, you may have more luck with this one.
1658070229320.png
Thank you very much for your guidance. Now I can access the Black Apple system. But it seems that my current NIC driver will not work properly. The system recognizes the network card, but cannot access the Internet. I transfer to Windows system is normal for Internet access

My EFI found a similar configuration and I was able to access the Internet when I previously installed black Apple using Nvidia 730K. Is the version of RealtekrTL8111.kext that I chose wrong?

The file you provided will be stuck in a LucyRT 8125Ethernet.kext error

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    4.4 MB · Views: 0

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have a 1GB Realtek Ethernet controller, so why would you be using the LucyRT 8125Ethernet.kext, as that is specifically for 2.5GB Ethernet controllers.

fisherman2715

AMD OS X Member
God, please ask me how my black apple has sound but the microphone has no level. I have tried to inject the sound card ID but no response. Is it my sound card ID injection method wrong? Please give me some advice, thank you

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your motherboard uses the Realtek S1200A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC.

AppleALC.kext supports your Audio Codec, with the following layout-id's:

1, 2, 3, 7, 11, 49, 50, 51, 69

Each of the above layout-ids provide different settings. So you need to test each layout-id until you find one that works with both the speaker, microphone and any other outputs you need.

Your config.plist (the one I provided) has the following boot arg - alcid=1. This is the option that makes your system use layout-id 1.

So you need to change from alcid=1 to one of the other ids. Each time you change the id you need to reboot your system to see what difference each one makes.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.