KP Monterey 12.5 AMD 3990X Gigbayte TRX40 Aorus Pro Wifi Rev 1.1 AMD 6900 XT

Simras

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone,

Since 2 days I struggle to bypass this KP when booting my USB Install key with Monterey 12.5 :

IMG_1026.jpg

The USB key is made with createinstallmedia and macOS downloaded with gibmacos.

The motherboard have the latest BIOS with IOMMU, CSM Support, Resize BAR disabled and 4G Decoding Enabled.
I share my EFI folder, the dsdt is dumped from AcpiDump with UEFI shell and can be found inside the OC folder, EC file is maybe from ssdtime and USBX is a template from dortania.

If someone can help me I would appreciate :)

Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I've had a look through your EFIv3 and made a few changes.

Deleted the DSDT.aml, as this should not be present in the OC folder. It is automatically added by the system so there is no need to add the DSDT.aml. Not unless you have Patched the DSDT.aml, which I don't think you have done.

Added SSDT-USB-Reset.aml, so your USB controllers are automatically reset on each boot.

Added a number of Kexts to the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and config.plist. AppleALC.kext and a few other standard AMD kexts.

Updated a couple of kexts to latest versions.

Cleaned up your config.plist, removing a number of placeholder entries.

About the only thing I am not sure about in your config.plist are the entries you have under Booter > Memo-Whitelist, as shown below.

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 21.18.28.png Booter > Memo-Whitelist section in your config

Did you create these Mimo-Whitelist entries or have you taken them from someone else's setup? Are you sure they are correct for your setup?

Other than the items above your OC setup looks OK.

Try this revised EFI v4 and see if it helps.

Attachments

• EFI v4.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.