Is it possible to run ventura on my 4800h laptop

Jacosx

AMD OS X Member
New to opencore. I just saw nooted red website while was looking into building a new hackintosh.
Last one was an ivybridge i5 with unibeast/multibeast. saf now :(
The main use will be ableton live 11 and other music production software and some gaming on windows.

Current laptop is ryzen 7 4800h, gtx 1660ti (can I disable this and just use igpu?) 32gb ddr4, 2tb ssd. Could this run ventura? or any other fairly new version of macOS?

I have gone ahead and made 2 usb installers on my old late 2012 imac 1 with ventura 1 with monterey and have also started the efi folder preperation on windows.

Ran ssdt time copied the aml files to acpi in the efi/oc folder and added a bunch of kexts too which I think are needed, the part that I'm unsure of is proper tree and gen bios mainly and ofc which kexts I actually need to install and which kexts I need post install, also ran the usb map too but not sure if i picked the correct options. would any of you kind soulsplease assist a newbie willing to learn?
Thanks for reading :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your OC EFI folder so we can see what your are planning to use.

If you have generated the SMBIOS data for your laptop just make sure to redact/delete the serial number from the config.plist, before you post a copy here.

Jacosx

AMD OS X Member
Thank you ,I haven't generated the smbios yet or edited the clean snap shot of config.plist incase I mess it up.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Jacosx

AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk could you please advise which smbios I should generate for 4800h? last step before adding the amd kernal patches to config.plist

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
OK, I've had a quick look at your EFI folder contents and would comment as follows:

ACPI folder:
I assume the SSDT's in this folder were generated using Corpnewt's SSDTTime and your system DSDT.aml.
  • You will have created a number of ACPI patches that need to be added to your config.plist, specifically for your SSDT-HPET.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml tables.
  • Without these patches the two SSDT's will not work and may cause a kernel panic when you try to boot your system.
  • The patches you need to add to your config.plist can be found in the /SSDTTime-Master/Results folder in a partial config.plist generated by the SSDTTime script.
You need to create an SSDT to disable the Nvidia GTX 1660 discrete GPU for macOS. Follow the Dortania guide linked below to create this essential SSDT:

Drivers folder:
You are missing a couple of helpful drivers:
  • OpenCanopy.efi for OC GUI boot screen
  • ResestNvramEntry.efi for reseting the system NVRAM after a change to your OC Config.
Kexts folder:
Depending on which release of macOS you are installing you don't want or need the following two Bluetooth kexts to be present and enabled in your OC config.plist.
  1. IntelBluetoothInjector.kext - only use if installing macOS Big Sur or an older version of macOS.
  2. BlueToolFixup.kext - should only be used if installing macOS Monterey or newer.
As you are wanting to install macOS Ventura you should remove the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext from your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder.

You should only be using these Bluetooth kexts if you have replaced the WiFi/BT card with an Intel WiFi/BT card.
  • As the WiFi/BT card that came with your laptop is a Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 combo card. (according to the Specifications page for your laptop).
  • So it won't work in macOS with the kexts you have installed.
  • It may not work at all in macOS. But there may be a third-party kext/installer around the internet for your WiFi/BT card that I am not aware exists and works in macOS.
Your laptop has these external ports:
  • 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate
  • 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate
  • 1 USB 2.0 Type-A (HP Sleep and Charge)
Plus the internal Bluetooth module and Webcam will also be connected to a USB port.

Specification page linked below.

Your Ethernet port should work, if it is based on the Realtek RTL8111 chip.

Your USBMap.kext is really lacking any substance.
  • It only contains settings for 2 x Internal (255) USB ports.
  • This means none of the external ports on the case will work with this kext.
  • You would be better served removing this kext and Enabling the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry in the config.plist than use this kext.
The screenshot below shows the two ports present and activated by the kext - probably the Bluetooth module and Webcam are connected to these two ports.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 21.01.09.png USBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist viewed in ProperTree.

Your Resources folder is empty, bar four empty place holder folders. You need to download Acidanthera's OcBinaryData-Master folder, which contains a populated Resources folder that will provide OC with a GUI boot screen. Simple replace the Resources folder with the one you download.

The 'Tools' Folder doesn't need to contain any tools, as long as you are happy with the way your system boots.

Nooted Github page recommends you use a MacBookPro16,3 SMBIOS when using an AMD APU and NootedRed.

I will have a look at your config.plist tomorrow.

Jacosx

AMD OS X Member
Thank you @Edhawk for taking the time to assist me, I have made some edits earlier today, have already taken the kexts you mentioned out of my efi folder and added the ssdt patches to my config.plist I will follow the rest of your suggestions and re post my EFI for you to look over when I am finished up :)
much appreciated kind sir!!

Jacosx

AMD OS X Member
I have followed your guidance as best I could still unsure of the usb map but think the rest looks okay .. Well I really hope so!! thanks for the support! I've uploaded the current config.plist with serial and uuid removed as advised :)

Attachments

• config.plist(sd).zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 5
  • opencore-2023-08-25-003659.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I’ll will have a look at the revised EFI tomorrow (Friday).

Jacosx

AMD OS X Member
thank you I just uploaded those before I go to sleep :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Sorry but I haven't been on my computer today, limited to using my iPad, so I have not got around to looking at the revised config.plist etc.

Jacosx

AMD OS X Member
Sorry but I haven't been on my computer today, limited to using my iPad, so I have not got around to looking at the revised config.plist etc.
No worries pal I appreciate you taking the time out to help me at all!! I'm still trying to figure it out, hopefully it will be in better shape when you get a chance to check over it.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.