Install MacOS in a old PC

wolly

AMD OS X Member
Hi,I want to install the OS of MAC into my PC.

The specs are:

CPU AMD A8 6500B

RAM 4 GB

GPU NVIDIA GT 720 and ATI R5 240

Is my PC suited for MacOS? Are the requirements met?

how do i install mac? is there a website i should use?

I'm new to this OS

Also how do you install GPus in MAC OS?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your CPU is from the 'Richland' series of AMD processors (better known as A8 series that ran on the FM2 board) which were released in 20113.
It might work/run macOS if you follow the Bulldozer/Jaguar OC guide.

Here is a link to a guide for a similar old FX system that used a Nvidia dGPU to run Big Sur.

You will need to disable the Integrated Radeon HD 8570D GPU on the CPU, as it is not supported,
The Nvidia GT 720 should work in macOS up to and including Big Sur. As it is a natively supported dGPU.

Given the age of your system I wouldn't recommend trying to install anything newer than Big Sur, as the system will struggle. My FX 8350/990 FX Sabertooth system struggled when running macOS Monterey.

Which Motherboard you are using will also play a big part in whether macOS runs nicely on your system.

4G of RAM is low, I would recommend a minimum of 8GB if you want to really see how this system works with macOS. 16G would obviously be better but may be overkill for your uses.

Without knowing your motherboard make and model I can only assume you can increase the amount of RAM that is present in your system. DDR3 1600MHz RAM was popular at that time, and should be easily obtained for not a lot on your local eBay.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

wolly

AMD OS X Member
Also can you give me a tutoriak to install MACOS on your PC? I've searched google and i could only find a few from youtube!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It might... You can try using 0x6658 as the device ID in the SSDT to spoof it. So that Device ID in the SSDT format would be,

Code:
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
     0x58, 0x66, 0x00, 0x00
},

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.