setzer69a

AMD OS X Member
Finally bought it. now I'm stuck and I need help installing Ventura.
Ive built an efi from the HX99G variant I found online and it boots till the famous Wait 900 (basically disable the resizable bar in bios.)
problem is...I don't have this option in the bios and sam is fully functional (in windows).

I need some wisdom from people.

ill fill in the gap
7840hs
32gb ram
8tb (2x 4tb nvme)
780 APU
rx6650M
intel ax210
2.5gb lan

here is my plist
anyone have recommendations ? please??? pretty please

Attachments

• config.plist
    48.1 KB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your WHOLE EFI folder, the config.plist doesn't' always tell us the full story of what is being used to boot a system.

Also remember to compress/zip the EFI folder before attaching it to a post here.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try using Smokeless_UMAF to edit your AMD bios, if specific entries are hidden in your default bios..

Make sure you read and understand the implications for any Bios options you make. If you don't know what a specific Bios entry does or what will happen if you change something, Don't change the option. Keep it simple!

craighazan

Donator
Donator

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your EFI folder looks very similar to the folder I created for my Gen Machine Pen 7000 system. While similar to your HX100G system in that they both use AMD 7000 series laptop CPUs, the ACPI tables from my Gen Machine system are probably going to be different enough to not work with your system.

You need to post a copy of your system DSDT.aml so I can check the ACPI tables (SSDTs) are correct for your setup.

I know for a fact that two of the SSDT's aren't required - SSDT-PMC.aml and SSDT-PLNF.aml. As the first is for an Intel Z390 board and the second only used when you have a built-in display, i.e. a laptop or All in One system.

The SSDT-BRG0.aml table is an unknown as I don't know which Device Path was used to create it. I am going to assume you didn't create it, given the other elements present in the ACPI folder.

You can extract your system DSDT.aml by using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script in Windows.

Your kexts are a bit of a mess. You definitely don't need five of the kexts in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, not with your system and the version of macOS you are installing.
  1. Airportitlwm-Ventura.kext (as you are installing Sonoma)
  2. NootedRed.kext (as you will be using the discrete GPU RX6650)
  3. RealtekRTL8111.kext (as your system has a 2.5GB Realtek Ethernet controller and this kext is for a 1GB Realtek Ethernet controller)
  4. USBInjectAll.kext (as you have a UTBMap.kext, which I assume is custom for your setup).
  5. XHCI-Unsupported.kext (this is mainly for Intel USB controllers, your AMD USB controllers don't need this kext not if your UTBMap.kext is correct).
Don't know if your system has a USB Audio codec, so you may or may not need AppleALCU.kext.
The 2.5GB Ethernet controller will require different kexts depending on if it uses an Intel or Realtek chipset.

If it uses a Realtek chipset, then you need to add Mieze's LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext:

If it uses and Intel chipset, let us know which model chip is used.

Below are two screenshots, the first showing the contents of your current EFI folder. The second shows the cleaned up contents, taking int to account the details above.

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 14.46.11.png Current EFI

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 14.46.53.png Cleaned up EFI

Any work to fix your config.plist will be dictated by your answers to the Ethernet chipset question and provision of your system DSDT.aml table.

setzer69a

AMD OS X Member
did that...included my log. stuck still at waiting 900
any ideas?
The regular hx99g already has a working EFI built.
I started from this.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.