How to fix cpu name?

vk2emp

AMD OS X Member
My cpu is presently reporting as a Xeon W, when in reality it is a 5900X. Is there something specific I need to do in config.plist or a specific kext needed to solve this minor, cosmetic item?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 2.39.53 pm.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 2.39.53 pm.png
    233 KB · Views: 9

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Add RestrictEvents.kext to your /OC/Kexts folder, if it isn’t already present. That normally fixes the CPU name issue.

Plus use the revcpuname option in your config.plist.
  • revcpuname=value custom CPU brand string (max 48 characters, 20 or less recommended, taken from CPUID otherwise)

vk2emp

AMD OS X Member
My line for boot args now looks like this:

agdpmode=ignore revcpuname="AMD Ryzen 5900X"

Hackintool tells me that RestrictedEvents.kext is up to date and loaded, double confirmed by visiting the github page of acidanthera and checking the release section for the latest and its 1.0.9.

Strangely enough, using either revcpu=1 or revcpuname="AMD Ryzen 5900X" has no effect. Its purely cosmetic though, and the only thing that is "wrong" with my hackintosh.

Edit: Disregard my stupidity, I'd forgotten to fill in my core count in Kernel>Patches. Fixing this fixed the issue. I'm surprised I got this far with an incorrect core count set!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.