how to delete in the configplist

laurent

AMD OS X Member
hello i would like to delete 2 kexts in opencore
but how to delete in the configplist and with which application?
merci

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I use Corpnewt's ProperTree to edit config.plist's .

Select the green coloured 'Code' button, then select 'Download Zip', which will download the ProperTree Master folder to your Downloads folder.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 21.51.24.png Download Zip option

This also requires that you have Python installed, so I choose to install a recent version for macOS.

I choose to create an application Icon for ProperTree, but this isn't necessary for everyone. Using the /ProperTree-Master/Scripts/buildapp-select.command

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 21.52.02.png buildapp-select.command, is used to buildProperTree application, which can be copied/moved to the applications folder on your hack.

Alternatively you can just run the python script by selecting /ProperTree-Master/ProperTree.command

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 21.54.19.png ProperTree.command option

First you need to physically delete the kexts from your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, in the example below I have selected USBPorts.kext and high-clicked on it to send it to the bin.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 21.56.52.png USBPorts.kext selected

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 21.57.05.png Kext deleted from /EFI/OC/Kexts folder.

All that remains is to open your config.plist with ProperTree and delete the companion entry/entries for any kexts you physically deleted.

As ProperTree is the only Plist editor on my system, it is the default application used when I select (double-click) on a config.plist. It automatically opens the config.

Simply scroll down to the Kernel > Add section in your config.plist, and highlight the number associated with the kext you want to delete.
In the example below the USBPorts.kext is number 6.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 22.02.14.png Kernel > Add section, with USBPorts.kext highlighted.

Now just press the 'delete' key on your keyboard. The kext entry will be removed from the config.plist.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 22.13.54.png USBPorts.kext removed from config.plist, with kexts below moving up in the numbered scale as a result of the deletion.

Repeat for however many kexts you want to remove.

Save the plist and you are done.

Alternatively:
ProperTree allows you to create a Clean Snapshot of your OC setup.
Using this feature will do the following:
  • It will remove any redundant/non existent entries for any SSDT's, Drivers, Kexts and Tools your may have removed.
  • It will also add new entries for any SSDT's, Drivers, Kexts or Tools you have added to your OC setup.
To create a Clean Snapshot of your OC folder contents and have your config.plist automatically updated to reflect any changes do the following:
  1. Open the config.plist with ProperTree,
  2. Navigate to the ProperTree > File drop down menu
  3. Select 'OC Clean Snapshot' from the list of available entries.
  4. Save the config.plist and you are done.
Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 22.08.38.png OC Clean Snapshot option in File drop down menu.

Hope this helps.

Just remember when you edit your config.plist or OC folder contents you need to use the ResetNvram.efi tool from the OC boot screen, before you boot in to macOS. This is necessary so the changes are effected correctly and any issues in the system Nvram are cleared.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.