I state that I am new to the Hackintosh world

My configuration is as follows:

Opencore : 0.5.9

Catalina 10.15.5

Mobo: MSI X570-A PRO

CPU: Ryzen 3700X

RAM: Corsair Vengeanze LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ

GPU: XFX ULTRA THICC III RADEON 5700 XT

As the title suggests, I have a problem with the recognition of the Bluetooth 4.0 module of my Fenvi T-919. The WiFi works perfectly, it was recognized immediately.

The strange thing is that on Win 10, the card is perfectly recognized (WIFI + BT).

From what I know the Fenvi T-919 (or rather the Broadcom chipset) should be recognized as OOB by OSX.

Could you please give me a hand?

Thanks in advance

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Its likely an issue with USB2. The Fenvi has a cable that you plug into an internal USB2 header. Initially, my wifi worked, but bluetooth didn't. It was because USB2 wasn't mapped correctly for my motherboard although USB3 worked just fine. Originally, I created a custom cable to connect my wifi adapter to a USB3 port, instead of a USB2 header. That change enabled the Bluetooth.

But later on, on a whim, I changed the SMBIOS from iMac7,1 to iMacPro1,1. This restored USB2 functionality. Thus, I was able to discard the custom cable and use the orignal USB2 header cable.

mita

AMD OS X Member
I also use a T-919. I had the same problem with the same phenomenon when I first started.
The fact that Wifi and BT are working on windows means that there is no hardware problem.
The cause of the problem could be the USB mapping on the Hackintosh.
Use Hackintool to make sure that the USB header cable connected to the motherboard is recognized by the unit.
Once they are recognized, try creating and using a USB port kext.
After reboot, the internal USB connection should be recognized.
This procedure stabilized my T-919.

fenzoAOL

AMD OS X Member
First of all thank you both for your answers.

As for Hackintool, in the "USB" section, it shows that among the various USB ports, the BT antenna despite being correctly connected is not even seen as "connected".

For USB mapping I don't really know how to do it unfortunately ... I tried to follow a guide on Dortania but there are parts in which I just can't get to grips with it ...

Do you think there is someone who can guide me step by step for my exact configuration in USB Mapping? Or is it possible to find a DSDT file ready for my exact same Motherboard?

mita

AMD OS X Member
First of all thank you both for your answers.

As for Hackintool, in the "USB" section, it shows that among the various USB ports, the BT antenna despite being correctly connected is not even seen as "connected".

For USB mapping I don't really know how to do it unfortunately ... I tried to follow a guide on Dortania but there are parts in which I just can't get to grips with it ...

Do you think there is someone who can guide me step by step for my exact configuration in USB Mapping? Or is it possible to find a DSDT file ready for my exact same Motherboard?
Making a USB mapping for your motherboard is very easy.
First, use Hackintool and select the USB item.
Here, we will plug some USB device into the USB related one (USB A port or USB header terminal on the motherboard).
Then the Hackintool USB list will show you the devices it is recognizing in real time. The The recognized USB ports are highlighted in green.
This is the basics.
While looking at Hackintool, try removing and inserting the USB header of the T-919 in question.
→If there is no response, unfortunately, the Hackintool will not be able to solve the problem.
→If there is a response, export the kext file now that it is active.

I'll also show you how I didn't know Hackintool and did it in the early days.
Buy a USB2-USB 9-pin header cable, sold on Amazon and other places.
Plug this into a USB A port you've created externally or internally, and you'll have a 9-pin header from the active USB port.
If you have a hole in the case, connect the T-919's USB through there. Now the hardware should work. (It's pretty forced, but it's one way to do it.)

The T-919 is a card that works natively, so if it doesn't work in the above way, then there is a problem with the build and config list.
I'm building it on an iMacPro 1,1 and it's working.

Give it a try.
I hope it works!

fenzoAOL

AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much Mita!

I just tried using Hackintool, connecting and disconnecting a USB 2.0 and 3.0 stick in all USB ports. Indeed the "external" doors were highlighted in green. I also tried to detach and attach the bt cable of the fenvi to the two internal USB 2.0 ports of the motherboard but unfortunately the Fenvi is not recognized. No responde by Hackintool.

My build is iMacPro1,1!

At this point I will have to opt for the adapter recommended by you. On the config.plist I don't know where to get my hands

mita

AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much Mita!

I just tried using Hackintool, connecting and disconnecting a USB 2.0 and 3.0 stick in all USB ports. Indeed the "external" doors were highlighted in green. I also tried to detach and attach the bt cable of the fenvi to the two internal USB 2.0 ports of the motherboard but unfortunately the Fenvi is not recognized. No responde by Hackintool.

My build is iMacPro1,1!

At this point I will have to opt for the adapter recommended by you. On the config.plist I don't know where to get my hands
As far as you are concerned, I don't think your Hackintosh is recognizing the USB header on the motherboard.
In that case, you may not get any response through the USB hub.
There are two ways to do this. (I'm attaching a photo.)

One, connect the motherboard's USB header to a USB header hub and convert it to a 2.0 header This is how you do it. (I am currently running this.)
However, if there is no recognition by hackintool, there is a good chance that the hub will not be active either.

The other method is to generate a USB header from an external active USB port. Probably, but this has a high probability of success.

The hub is from NZXT. The header cable is a simple PC part.
It's cheap, so it's worth a try.
It will look bad, but if it works, you'll know there's nothing wrong with the T-919 and the motherboard.

You can then either run it as is or create a corresponding config list.
I'm not familiar with config lists, so if I could advise, that would be as far as I could go.

Good luck!
IMG_5013.jpgIMG_5014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.