Greetings..!

chanuka

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone..!
I'm chanuka and I'm learning mobile app development. I have a Dell g5 se 5505. This is the only piece of computer I own. I tried different threads to get macOS on this laptop. I managed to run macOS without hardware acceleration. (Aa a VM on Manjaro linux). Does anyone know is it possible to run macOS on this laptop? I only want to test and code iOS apps.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your Dell G5 laptop has an integrated and discrete GPU. The integrated GPU won’t work in macOS, so it needs to be disabled, either in the bios or by using a custom SSDT.

The Radeon RX5600m discrete GPU (Navi 10) will work in macOS with full acceleration by adding the agdpmod=pikera boot argument to the OC config.plist.

The information below is based on the Specifications for the Dell G5 SE 5505 laptop.

You would need to set the AMD kernel patches to suit your 6 or 8-core CPU.

The laptop uses a Realtek 1Gb Ethernet controller, so finding a working kext should be easy.

You will need AppleALC.kext for the built-in audio codec to work, Realtek ALC3254.

You will probably find that the current WiFi/BT module is not supported in macOS, but as it is connected through an M.2 connector getting an inexpensive Intel WiFi card that works with Itlwm.kext or AirportItlwm.kext shouldn’t be to hard.

You should read the Threads regarding AMD laptops like the one linked below.

chanuka

AMD OS X Member
Your Dell G5 laptop has an integrated and discrete GPU. The integrated GPU won’t work in macOS, so it needs to be disabled, either in the bios or by using a custom SSDT.

The Radeon RX5600m discrete GPU (Navi 10) will work in macOS with full acceleration by adding the agdpmod=pikera boot argument to the OC config.plist.

The information below is based on the Specifications for the Dell G5 SE 5505 laptop.

You would need to set the AMD kernel patches to suit your 6 or 8-core CPU.

The laptop uses a Realtek 1Gb Ethernet controller, so finding a working kext should be easy.

You will need AppleALC.kext for the built-in audio codec to work, Realtek ALC3254.

You will probably find that the current WiFi/BT module is not supported in macOS, but as it is connected through an M.2 connector getting an inexpensive Intel WiFi card that works with Itlwm.kext or AirportItlwm.kext shouldn’t be to hard.

You should read the Threads regarding AMD laptops like the one linked below.

Thank you for the information. I'll try this.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.