Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

tutukueh

AMD OS X Member
Edit — No longer maintained.
I realized that while you could get AMD to run macOS. There was still a lot of features lacking which I required in my day to day work.
Such as the use of virtualization and docker. While there are workarounds, overtime I felt that these options were time-consuming and I was better off with an Intel build.

Good luck folks!

=========================================

Hardware Specs
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
  • Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Gigabyte 5700XT
  • Fenvi wireless adapter

OpenCore Configuration
  • OpenCore 0.5.9
  • macOS 10.15.4 (19E287)
  • SMBIOS MacPro7,1

BIOS Configuration
  • 4G decoding - Enable

What is not working?
  • Sleep

Sleep only works when no USB devices are plugged in.

Others

USB

All USB Ports are mapped and corrected.
I removed ITE Device (8595) as it was preventing the system from sleeping correctly.

Boot Args
Without npci=0x2000, the screen capture tool (Shift + ctrl + ⌘ + 3) behaves very erratically

SMCAMDProcessor
0.6.4 kext KPs the Mac when you attempt to manually sleep it.
Hence the version used in my EFI is an older version 0.6.3

Credits
@anti for his inital EFI folder
@barrrrt for sharing his sleep experience

EFI can be found here

Last edited:
Reactions: Vye

barrrrt

AMD OS X Member
Hehe... sharing his sleep experience sounds funny :p

It wasn't much, that I found out yet. I still think its possible to let a x570 board send to sleep, but I GUESS there have to be used different sleep settings... Maybe anyone will find out later... would be AWESOME.

Steaps

AMD OS X Member
USB
I removed ITE Device (8595) as it was preventing the system from sleeping correctly.

Interesting this ethernet controller (?) seems to be causing sleep issues for a few people. Disabling it for me didn't help, though I still had USB devices plugged in.

How are you waking from sleep without USB? Bluetooth keyboard/mouse?
Do your fans spin down when sleeping?

Thanks for posting this! Will have a deeper look at the EFI later to see if it can help my sleep issues.

tutukueh

AMD OS X Member
You need to unplug all your USB devices for sleep to work. This excludes the Bluetooth Fenvi USB add-on that is marked as internal.

Regarding the ITE device, some people have suggested that that is the device that controls the RGB or acts as a USB Hub.
I don't require the fancy lighting, so I removed it.

I'm waking the device via Bluetooth connected peripherals.
Yes, all fans spin down when sleeping.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
You need to unplug all your USB devices for sleep to work. This excludes the Bluetooth Fenvi USB add-on that is marked as internal.

Regarding the ITE device, some people have suggested that that is the device that controls the RGB or acts as a USB Hub.
I don't require the fancy lighting, so I removed it.

I'm waking the device via Bluetooth connected peripherals.
Yes, all fans spin down when sleeping.

Regardless if the ITE device controls RGB or not, I can confirm that with all of my Unicorn vomit enabled my system will sleep just fine... if I unplug all of the USB devices. I can also confirm that sleep works even without disabling ITE Device (8595) AND without any SSDT for USB (ie mapping). Heck, all of my USB ports work just fine and it matters not where I have my peripherals plugged in; Sleep behaviour stays the same.

freeubi

AMD OS X Member
USB

Did you done your own, or do you using the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml?
I have issues with that, for example not enough power on the usb-c.

tutukueh

AMD OS X Member
Did you done your own, or do you using the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml?
I have issues with that, for example not enough power on the usb-c.

DIY-ed.
Anti’s EFI didn’t contain the internal ports. So I decided to re-do everything.

You’ll notice that the ports are not in running order for some of the controller. That’s because I couldn’t find where the port was located physically (be it on the back or internally)

I tested the internal USB-C header and was able to “fast charge” an iPad Pro 2018.

Regardless if the ITE device controls RGB or not, I can confirm that with all of my Unicorn vomit enabled my system will sleep just fine... if I unplug all of the USB devices. I can also confirm that sleep works even without disabling ITE Device (8595) AND without any SSDT for USB (ie mapping). Heck, all of my USB ports work just fine and it matters not where I have my peripherals plugged in; Sleep behaviour stays the same.

Interesting, thanks for sharing this.
I'll give it a try again when I have got the time.

Last edited:

freeubi

AMD OS X Member
DIY-ed.
Anti’s EFI didn’t contain the internal ports. So I decided to re-do everything.

You’ll notice that the ports are not in running order for some of the controller. That’s because I couldn’t find where the port was located physically (be it on the back or internally)

I tested the internal USB-C header and was able to “fast charge” an iPad Pro 2018.

Thank you, i will do my own then.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.