GB X370 K3 Gaming, Ryzen 2700, BigSur 11.6 Boot Loop

billbrew

AMD OS X Member
Hey Guys. Hoping someone with more intelligence than me can help. I'm stuck in a boot loop installing 11.6.3 which loops just after an ACPI error and just as PCI starts. My specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 2700
Mobo: Gigabyte X370 K3 Gaming
GPU: Nvidia GT740 2GB
NVME: Crucial P2 256GB

I've tried so many different combinations but the EFI attached is a from-the-beginning setup using the Dortania guide. However, I can't find any reference to X370 chipsets in the guide and very few online so unsure whether I need to do things such as SetupVirtualMap = true or false etc.

I've created my own SSDT using SSDTTime but also tried with the suggested AMD one and have the same issue. I've also mapped my USB ports and set the cores to 8 as per the guide in Patches etc.

Can someone please show me why I'm an idiot :p. Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 13
  • opencore-2022-02-03-064722.txt
    256 KB · Views: 4
  • bootloop.jpg
    bootloop.jpg
    809.3 KB · Views: 9

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try swapping you SSDT-EC for SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml. Remember to remove the .bak extension from the file. Beyond that it may be something in the BIOS. From a quick search online it's looking for a Temp Sensor in your ACPI for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.