Fix Radeon RX 580 Performance?

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have this laptop Omen 17 with the Radeon RX 580 desktop crammed into it (those were the days). Anyway, I want to keep the machine on Mojave since I have some with Big Sur and Monterey and Ventura. However Mojave can still use 32 Bit apps and games.

The problem, the performance of the RX 580 is abysmal under macOs. For reference. On Geekbench Opencl Windows I get 41-42k, but on Mac I get 10-11k. That is just a little better than the Iris pro 550 which gets 6500k.

Anyone know how to increase the performance of the card?

Here is the specs:

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 9.56.16 PM.png

Thanks in advance.

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee

Do you know anything on how to improve AMD GPU performance not using Radeonboost?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I have this laptop Omen 17 with the Radeon RX 580 desktop crammed into it (those were the days). Anyway, I want to keep the machine on Mojave since I have some with Big Sur and Monterey and Ventura. However Mojave can still use 32 Bit apps and games.

The problem, the performance of the RX 580 is abysmal under macOs. For reference. On Geekbench Opencl Windows I get 41-42k, but on Mac I get 10-11k. That is just a little better than the Iris pro 550 which gets 6500k.

Anyone know how to increase the performance of the card?

Here is the specs:

View attachment 8239

Thanks in advance.
What SMBIOS are you using?

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
What SMBIOS are you using?
Imac pro. I tried several, but only Mac Pros and Imacs can be used since they had the RX 580x

Not: I have tried several Macbooks pros, but performance is worse

I will load the EFI later when I get home

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The MacBookPro13.3 uses a Radeon Pro 450 or 455 dedicated GPU. They are in the same RX400/500 Ellesmere family of GPU's as your RX580.

Have you tried using the MBP13,3 SMBIOS?

The MBP SMBIOS would be looking for an IGPU to deal with any compute and Encoding/Decoding work, which your AMD HP lacks.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.