Solved Failed to get FSBFrequency data using Apple Platform Info - not found

drxvmrz

AMD OS X Member
Hello!
I have create the boot flash disk with Dortania's guide based on OpenCore-DEBUG ver. 0.9.3. I have chose the drivers, set up the BIOS (except for disabling CSM, it stucks on the POST screen when it disabled). And I always get the following message at startup (see a fig.) with stuck. The .clist-validator does not find errors, all files are the latest versions (taken from respective github repos).
Efi-folder attached below. I have tried older version of systems (for example High Sierra) and it have issued the same error.

System:
CPU: FX-4300
GPU: GTX 650 (1 Gb)
MB: Biostar a78lr-m3s
RAM: 16 Gb DDR3
HDD: Seagate SkyHawk ST1000VX005 (1 Tb)

QimtvHRDUQ8.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Solution
Hello!
I have create the boot flash disk with Dortania's guide based on OpenCore-DEBUG ver. 0.9.3. I have chose the drivers, set up the BIOS (except for disabling CSM, it stucks on the POST screen when it disabled). And I always get the following message at startup (see a fig.) with stuck. The .clist-validator does not find errors, all files are the latest versions (taken from respective github repos).
Efi-folder attached below. I have tried older version of systems (for example High Sierra) and it have issued the same error.

System:
HDD: Seagate SkyHawk ST1000VX005 (1 Tb)...

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this revised EFI folder.

The few changes made to your EFI are based on my FX-6300 system's OC setup. Hopefully it should boot to the macOS installation wizard.

Attachments

• EFI-FX-4300.zip
    4 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Hopefully your Nvidia GTX 650 dGPU uses the GK107 core and not one with the GK106 core, which is known to have issues in macOS. See the link below for more information.

# Kepler Series (GK106 Variants)

You can check which GPU Core is used by looking at the GPU details in the Windows app GPU-Z. As highlighted on the screenshot below, of a GTX 660 that I own.

GTX-660-1 GPU-Z.gif GPU-Z GTX 660 - GK106 Core, not good for macOS due to memory issue with this chipset/core.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Great work @Edhawk !

@drxvmrz,
I had a quick look at your EFI. It seems seems you are missing a number of vital kexts such as AMDCPUPowermanagement and SMCAMDProcessor.kext. Your Nvidia card also needs to be enabled using npci=0x2000 boot-arg. Also noticed your Kernel > patches was actually incomplete. The reason you have a CPU error at the OC boot up is likely because you hadn't set all of the CPU cores correctly for the specific OSes. Apart from the Catalina to Big Sur field, they were nearly all blank.

They should be set like this:

Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 7.34.58 AM.png

If it helps, there is actually an active FX repository here you can check also which is regularly updated.

drxvmrz

AMD OS X Member
Try this revised EFI folder.

The few changes made to your EFI are based on my FX-6300 system's OC setup. Hopefully it should boot to the macOS installation wizard.
Thank you so much!
But it did not help :c

I've tried even to follow recommendations of @Middleman (thank you so much too!), too and there was not any effect...
Btw, next I tried to boot OC without "com.apple.recovery" folder and then without config.plist and the only with files BOOT/BOOT.efi and OC/OpenCore.efi. Also got no effect... OC issued the same message regards to FSBFrequency.
Also tried to boot different versions of OC, and it's the same

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Did you run the ResetNVRAM tool before booting up any of the new configs? That is an important step when testing new system configurations. Btw I should remind you, you cannot boot Opencore without config.plist nor the OC or BOOT folders as they are vital parts of the bootloaders function.

drxvmrz

AMD OS X Member
Did you run the ResetNVRAM tool before booting up any of the new configs? That is an important step when testing new system configurations. Btw I should remind you, you cannot boot Opencore without config.plist nor the OC or BOOT folders as they are vital parts of the bootloaders function.
No... Btw, how can I reset NVRAM? I don't even see the picker. This error message hangs, and then nothing happens :c

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Hello!

System:
HDD: Seagate SkyHawk ST1000VX005 (1 Tb)

QimtvHRDUQ8.jpg
Debug OC is broken on some systems, try using release. An NVRAM Reset won't fix this, it's a flaw in the OpenCore code, and NVRAM Resets should be avoided since they wear out your hardware, contrary to what SOME people who say you should do it frequently. NVRAM Resets should only be done when truly necessary.

Solution

drxvmrz

AMD OS X Member
Debug OC is broken on some systems, try using release. An NVRAM Reset won't fix this, it's a flaw in the OpenCore code, and NVRAM Resets should be avoided since they wear out your hardware, contrary to what SOME people who say you should do it frequently. NVRAM Resets should only be done when truly necessary.
Oh...that's ok! I've tried the version 0.8.8 RELEASE, replaced driver files in EFI folder with those that were in RELEASE and put into DRIVERS folder OpenHfsPlus.efi instead of HfsPlus.efi. Then opened config.plist and clicked "OC Snapshot" button, the drivers has been refreshed. Finally got the coveted picker menu! Too much thanksjdGT4wRtvDU.jpg

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Great work @Edhawk !

@drxvmrz,
I had a quick look at your EFI. It seems seems you are missing a number of vital kexts such as AMDCPUPowermanagement and SMCAMDProcessor.kext. Your Nvidia card also needs to be enabled using npci=0x2000 boot-arg. Also noticed your Kernel > patches was actually incomplete. The reason you have a CPU error at the OC boot up is likely because you hadn't set all of the CPU cores correctly for the specific OSes. Apart from the Catalina to Big Sur field, they were nearly all blank.

They should be set like this:

View attachment 11136

If it helps, there is actually an active FX repository here you can check also which is regularly updated.

It seems you are missing a number of vital kexts suck as AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement and SMCAMDProcessor
AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement on an FX CPU?

Your NVIDIA card also needs to be enabled using npci=0x2000 boot-arg
The npci boot argument is completely unrelated to graphics cards, it's used to disable kIOPCIConfiguratorPFM64 (Prefetch Memory 64) in IOPCIFamily which causes issues on AMD systems which don't support Above 4G Decoding.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement on an FX CPU?

Please bear I am only trying to assist here and that I've seen it actually as part of the official AMD FX build on Github here (it's used for the AMD Power Gadget).

The npci boot argument is completely unrelated to graphics cards, it's used to disable kIOPCIConfiguratorPFM64 (Prefetch Memory 64) in IOPCIFamily which causes issues on AMD systems which don't support Above 4G Decoding.

Then please tell me why in nearly all Nvidia system builds that I've seen over the years (and have worked on since Lion), that this boot-arg (npci=0x2000) is added into the config to get it to work? (aside from Nvidiaweb that is?).

jubu45286

AMD OS X Member
our Nvidia card also needs to be enabled using npci=0x2000 boot-arg. Also noticed your Kernel > patches was actually incomplete. The reason you have a CPU error at the OC boot up is likely because you hadn't set all of the CPU cores correctly for the specific OSes. Apart from the Catalina to Big Sur field, they were nearly all blank.

9apps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.