Efi deleted, cant access anything

warewolff

AMD OS X Member
Shaneee or staff, I'm hoping you can help me out with this. I have been using amd osx on Mojave on my hack for quite some time now ... had a mishap deleting my efi, had no backup, and as a result can no longer boot. Specs as follows:

Ryzen 3900x
X570 x gaming mobo
Rx580(?) Graphics card
Running Mojave, I believe.

Any chance you can nudge me in the right direction as to what I might need to get back in?

You and this forum are a godsend. Thanks.

I've tried just about everything I can think of but I was running an older version of opencore, of which i cant remember now, so the entire setup is different. Been out of the game too long and I'm overwhelmed.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

warewolff

AMD OS X Member
Hi @warewolff,

Sorry to hear that. If it helps see if you can try using the EFI in this post that I built which should work for up to Big Sur > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-wd-sn850-1tb-nvme.309154/page-4#post-2265301

You will have to adjust for the RX580 using simply npci=0x2000 agdpmod=ignore in the NVRAM boot-arg, disable the XHCIPortLimit quirk as well as add the following device properties for the RX580

View attachment 7130
Hi, thank you for trying and responding so fast. I did exactly as you said and I am having kernel panics, "kernel extensions in backtrace": com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(6.1); dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4), dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAPCIFamily(2.9), dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleSMC(3.1.9)

Any ideas?

Edit: Might I have to modify the core count in "algrey - cpuid_set_info" to 12 cores as I am on 3900x and you are using 5900?

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi, thank you for trying and responding so fast. I did exactly as you said and I am having kernel panics, "kernel extensions in backtrace": com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(6.1); dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4), dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAPCIFamily(2.9), dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleSMC(3.1.9)

Any ideas?

Edit: Might I have to modify the core count in "algrey - cpuid_set_info" to 12 cores as I am on 3900x and you are using 5900?
Yes I am and no you don't have to change the core count.
It could be to do with some of the SSDTs used in that case or VT-d not being enabled in BIOS. I would also try to stick with SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml at the bare minimum and retry the EFI. Also don't forget to run ResetNVRAM before you do.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

Any ideas?

@warewolff,

Also try this EFI > https://github.com/tylinux/hackintosh-ASUS-X570-Prime-Plus-3700x

warewolff

AMD OS X Member

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Thanks, your EFI got me going (after two days of tinkering) but it only took me so long because I got Mojave working, upgraded to Big Sur, and then upgraded to Monterey working out all the kinks as I went along. Posted my EFI under success stories ... big thank you!
That's super!! Glad to hear it worked out for you! (y)(y)(y)

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Now that it's fixed I can be that guy ;) and say you really need to keep a backup of your efi somewhere (say, on some emergency boot-usb) so you won't get caught out like this again!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.