Creating bootable USB installer for windows 10

hasinzu

AMD OS X Member
I followed the steps shared online to create a bootable Windows 10 installer but failed. Here are what i am doing in Terminal app:

1. Format the USB drive to FAT in Disk Utility app
2. Mount Windows 10 ISO image
3. Partition the USB drive with GPT using diskutil eraseDisk command
4. copy files to USB with dd command

When booting from USB, it says no bootable device found.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'd suggest you use a dedicated bit of software, like balenaEtcher. Makes it much easier!

hasinzu

AMD OS X Member
When l load Windows 10 ISO into Etcher, the app says "Possible Windows image detected" and suggest Rufus and WoeUSB for this task. However, both of the software do not support Mac platform.

Bampely

AMD OS X Member
When l load Windows 10 ISO into Etcher, the app says "Possible Windows image detected" and suggest Rufus and WoeUSB for this task. However, both of the software do not support Mac platform.
You are right,the Rufus doesn't support Mac platform.By the way,i have used Virtual Machine on my Mac to create a bootable Win10 USB,and it successfully did that.if you are interested,you can ask the VirtualBox for more help.
Here to share with you another tutorial for creating a bootable Win10 USB on Catalina.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.