Can't upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey - ASRock X570 ITX TB3 - 3900x - 5700 XT

j_bravo14

AMD OS X Member
Been trying for a couple of days now with no success. It was initially in Catalina, then upgraded to OC 7.5 and then to Big Sur successfully.

It's a no go for me when I try the OTA upgrade or USB drive upgrade. It is stuck at boot on apple logo then restarts

OC: 7.5
System Specs:
MB: Asrock 570 ITX/TB3
CPU: 3900x
VC: Asrock Challenger 5700xt

Attachments

• EFI - X570 ITX.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 7

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Been trying for a couple of days now with no success. It was initially in Catalina, then upgraded to OC 7.5 and then to Big Sur successfully.

It's a no go for me when I try the OTA upgrade or USB drive upgrade. It is stuck at boot on apple logo then restarts

OC: 7.5
System Specs:
MB: Asrock 570 ITX/TB3
CPU: 3900x
VC: Asrock Challenger 5700xt
Have you tried adding AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext to your build? It should help you get past it. Also would recommend enabling AdviseWindows under PlatformInfo.

Havakak

AMD OS X Member
AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext is the solution. I've just installed Monterey successfully with the help of that kext.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.