Boot ending at [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] no matter what on b650 board[SOLVED]

ozzi007b

AMD OS X Member
I appreciate any help anyone can provide, i have been trying so many things and can't get my Sonoma installation working on my new AMD system, i have had the same installation working on intel system before.

I made EFI using Dortania's Ryzen guide, i think it's this one i post here. I have tried both OpenCore Mod and vanilla, that one i tried with both normal SSDT's and Olarila's all-in-one solution but nothing seems to get me past that error msg.

I have also tried with both not devirtualising MMIO, doing it and doing it with whitelists.

For USB, i tried with mapping it too but was just the same, for me it looked like there wasn't more than 15 ports per controller.

I deleted platform info but i have processor type set to 1537, spoof vendor set to true and MacPro7,1 definition

Bios settings
ftpm switch - disabled
erase ftpm for factory reset - enabled
uefi runtime variables password protection - enabled
above 4g encoding - enabled
resize bar - enabled
sr-iov support - disabled
legacy usb support - disabled
xhci hand-off - enabled
network stack - disabled
sata mode - ahci
cpu pcie aspm mode - auto
aura leds off
serial port - disabled
launch csm - disabled
secure boot os type - win 8/10 (tried other os too)
secure boot mode - custom
secure boot keys deleted
fast boot - disabled
ami native nvme driver support - enabled
onboard GFX disabled in bios

I thought i had system info here but looks like not, Asus TUF gaming B650M-Plus mobo, AMD Ryzen 5 7600X cpu and Radeon RX6600 graphics, Sonoma is installed on sata SSD and i have working Windows installation on m.2 SSD, booting Opencore from USB stick

Attachments

• opencore-2023-12-19-104951.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2
  • config.plist
    35.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this config.plist.

I have made the following changes:
  1. ResizeAppleGpuBars = 0 (as you have enabled ResizeBar in your bios)
  2. SetupVirtualMap = False/Disabled (as you have setup your config as though this was a B550 system)
  3. NVMeFix.kext = False/Disabled (this kexts is known to cause issues on Sonoma)
  4. Ordered AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext to be loaded before SMCAMDProcessor.kext (as directed by developer of the kexts)
  5. XhciPortLimit = True/Enabled (as you don't have a custom USBMap.kext)
Obviously this config.plist is missing the PlatformInfo > Generic section, which you will need to replace before trying this revised config.plist.

You might also want to try using the attached SSDT-EC-USBX.aml table in place of the one you are currently using. You will need to edit the config.plist to take into account the different name if you do use it.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 4
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 3

ozzi007b

AMD OS X Member
Try this config.plist.

I have made the following changes:
  1. ResizeAppleGpuBars = 0 (as you have enabled ResizeBar in your bios)
  2. SetupVirtualMap = False/Disabled (as you have setup your config as though this was a B550 system)
  3. NVMeFix.kext = False/Disabled (this kexts is known to cause issues on Sonoma)
  4. Ordered AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext to be loaded before SMCAMDProcessor.kext (as directed by developer of the kexts)
  5. XhciPortLimit = True/Enabled (as you don't have a custom USBMap.kext)
Obviously this config.plist is missing the PlatformInfo > Generic section, which you will need to replace before trying this revised config.plist.

You might also want to try using the attached SSDT-EC-USBX.aml table in place of the one you are currently using. You will need to edit the config.plist to take into account the different name if you do use it.
Ok thanks i will try! I noticed something else very strange, opened Sisoft sandra in windows and it told me i have iMac mobo instead of B650 and i had MacPro definition on platform info... removed both sata disks and trying again because i think it must have booted from one of those sometimes instead of usb... thought usb isn't a problem before i actually get it booted to macOS

ozzi007b

AMD OS X Member
Tried it with just the same result, the weird thing is that now i tried Ventura installer instead of booting installed Sonoma. But at least now after removing sata disks Sandra says i'm on MacPro when booting to windows. I guess it's something not related to Sonoma here, i try to figure out. Looks like this is always the root cause to boot failing if it's Sonoma or Ventura, just don't know what does it [EB.H.LV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-signature

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
There are settings in OpenCore that tell the system to use the Mac system definition in place of the motherboard name, so this isn’t unusual or anything to worry about.

ozzi007b

AMD OS X Member
There are settings in OpenCore that tell the system to use the Mac system definition in place of the motherboard name, so this isn’t unusual or anything to worry about.
Yeah but no way it should show other system that i have defined on OC even after NVRAM reset

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
LOL!
Change the settings if you don’t like them, simple really.

All it takes is a bit of reading of the OC Configuration document and then a few simple edits to the config.plist for you to change how the system is displayed to other OS’s.

ozzi007b

AMD OS X Member
LOL!
Change the settings if you don’t like them, simple really.

All it takes is a bit of reading of the OC Configuration document and then a few simple edits to the config.plist for you to change how the system is displayed to other OS’s.
I guess you didn't understand what i meant... i had macpro on OC but platform info showed imac, it's not just to change setting to do that because like i have it now, it shows real platform info instead of that one configured to OC or something else like it did first

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Use the ResetNvramEntry from the OC Boot Screen to remove any obsolete SMBIOS settings in your setup.

It will probably be hidden, so present the 'Spacebar' button to unhide the drivers and tools in your OC folders, select the ResetNvramEntry icon and the system should automatically reboot, wiping the current Nvram settings and only using the settings present in your OC setup.

Obviously for this to work I am assuming you have the correct SMBIOS data in your config.plist.

Also it is normal to have the legacy usb support option Enabled in your bios.

ozzi007b

AMD OS X Member
No, resetting nvram didn't clear it, only clearing cmos too did help. But didn't solve boot problem... really stuck here, i found ever better guide than dortanis's here https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated and tried about all, found out latest bioses can make it difficult to boot to macOS so i downgraded it to latest which has no support to upcoming 8000 series Ryzens but no-go. I guess i need to make new dsdt dump now and try to make new ssdt's, maybe new MMIO whitelist too after bios change

ozzi007b

AMD OS X Member
At least some progress now, i got Sonoma installation booting but blank screen at some point, looks promising now... will post efi folder here after i get it going in case someone else needs that too

ozzi007b

AMD OS X Member
Looks like everything working now, Sonoma running

Edit: Needs AppleALC for audio and revpatch for updates and internal disks shows as external but they were easy fixes

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.