Backup Big Sur doesn't boot

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi everybody,
Since i decided to go to OC 0,7,2 I made before a clone my SSD Big Sur 11,5,1 OC 0.7.1 (byAudioGod with Intel WIFI/BT) using CCC, and put the EFI folder after mounting EFI disk.
Restart the computer and press F12 to select the external. Oc lauched well, but i just seeing the EFI but not the external SSD. and then i cannot boot on the external SSD where i made the clone
Can somedbody can give me advice please ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Dare I say it but go into the bios and enable CSM Mode and see if it reappears.
If it does then its the wrong format and needs converting from MBR to GPT

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Dare I say it but go into the bios and enable CSM Mode and see if it reappears.
If it does then its the wrong format and needs converting from MBR to GPT
No i have reformated the ssd before on disk utility in APFS, i give a try, wait

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
No i have reformated the ssd before on disk utility in APFS, i give a try, wait
go into disk utility and double check it’s boot sector is in GPT

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have always been able to see my external SSD in the BIOS, No error with my boot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 13.00.19.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 13.00.19.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 13.00.09.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 13.00.09.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 4

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That's normal ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 14.37.11.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 14.37.11.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 3

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
That's normal ?
I know what it is,
go into the Config.plist and under UEFI -> APFS change the MinDate & MinVersion to -1
Or is it just the MinDate, hmmmm I can’t remember. Lol…. it’s one or both though. both I think. Do it to a USB KEY first just to make sure…lol

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
ok, i have removed that Apple folder and copied the efi in my ssd efi drive, and now everything is good. I can boot on my clone done with EaseUS todo backup - don't know if that change something.
I will do a dummy first... be sure lol

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
ok, i have removed that Apple folder and copied the efi in my ssd efi drive, and now everything is good. I can boot on my clone done with EaseUS todo backup - don't know if that change something.
I will do a dummy first... be sure lol
Always remove that Apple folder straight away if it ever appears in your EFI partition. Its Apple trying to push through a Firmware update to there Macs. Delete and be gone lol (if that’s the Apple folder your referring too)

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I noticed that the speed of my front usb-c isn't right .. 480Mbps . need to remap, as i have an aorus Master MobO perphaps - in OC 072

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I noticed that the speed of my front usb-c isn't right .. 480Mbps . need to remap, as i have an aorus Master MobO perphaps - in OC 072
Shouldn’t of changed no. Il double check that one on my end when I next get a chance to.
If you download my X570 pro EFI the USBMap inside it is perfectly mapped out for the pro, ultra and master. (They all use exactly the same USBMap and have identical layouts)

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
i have a rev 1,2 perhaps it is the différence. i will use Hackintool. i ll give you a report

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
i have a rev 1,2 perhaps it is the différence. i will use Hackintool. i ll give you a report
Yep I was using a 1,2 master when I made the mapping universal. My pro and ultra were also both rev 1,2 as well

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yep I was using a 1,2 master when I made the mapping universal. My pro and ultra were also both rev 1,2 as well
but when i plugged the usb-c front which is plug on the mobo, it gives me 480. since i removed usbmap kext replace it with the one made with Hackintool and it gives me 10Gbps the right speed. perhaps i misunderstood something

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
but when i plugged the usb-c front which is plug on the mobo, it gives me 480. since i removed usbmap kext replace it with the one made with Hackintool and it gives me 10Gbps the right speed. perhaps i misunderstood something
Oh fair play then, can I study your map and see if I can spot what’s happened?

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much, but i solved it with Hackintool and it's ok for the moment. there so many people who need your help.
I saw an app that is able to update OC. I know it is not perfect but that's interesting. There is so many app available for Hackintosh, that is unbelivable

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I know what it is,
go into the Config.plist and under UEFI -> APFS change the MinDate & MinVersion to -1
Or is it just the MinDate, hmmmm I can’t remember. Lol…. it’s one or both though. both I think. Do it to a USB KEY first just to make sure…lol

The guide says that using -1 is not recommended, but I wondered... I have set Mindate/MinVersion to Catalina values currently, but I might want to take the plunge into Big Sur at some point. Setting it to -1 now would allow me to run the update from within System Preferences at some future point without having to edit config.plist, right? (on topic: it's both ;) )

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The guide says that using -1 is not recommended, but I wondered... I have set Mindate/MinVersion to Catalina values currently, but I might want to take the plunge into Big Sur at some point. Setting it to -1 now would allow me to run the update from within System Preferences at some future point without having to edit config.plist, right? (on topic: it's both ;) )
They finally updated the guide then…lol…about time.

Info
Relating to APFS driver loader settings, for us we'll be changing the following:
SettingValueComment
MinDate-1Not needed if not booting High Sierra - Catalina
MinVersion-1Not needed if not booting High Sierra - Catalina

nowhere does it say not to use -1 bud, Only reason I said to try it is I thought he’s backup might of been done on a older APFS format. Putting it on -1 allows you togo back further then BigSur. That’s all

Last edited:

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
nowhere does it say not to use -1 bud, Only reason I said to try it is I thought he’s backup might of been done on a older APFS format. Putting it on -1 allows you togo back further then BigSur. That’s all

I always check the Configuration doc (like a good boy 😇😅) and it mentioned "strongly discouraged" but I think I'll just put -1 in there just in case drunk future me can't resist updating.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I love there wording..lol
its all about better security and Monterey compatibility nothing more…lol
if you use a OS older then Big Sur then you need to use it for that.
big sur up, leave it on 0

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.