Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming build

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This is probably my best working build so far. Everything works except the usual AMD issue (back mic, Sidecar, virtualisation). Sleep/wake is flawless.

This is housed in Louqe Ghost S1 Mk3 case which does not have any USB ports thus I have not connected any of the motherboard USB headers (for now). USB map reflects that and it's fairly simple.

Note: it’s really easy to switch between Ryzen 5000 CPUs, just carefully update the Replace value in first 3 Kernel/Patch entries, as per AMD OSX Vanilla repo. NVMe storage works out of the box, NVMeFix.kext is deactivated as I don't see any difference with or without it. The 850X is especially amazing - utililizes full PCIe gen.4 speeds.

BIOS is the latest, version 2803, with following settings:

• Fast Boot: Disabled
  • CSM: Disabled
  • Above 4G Decoding: Enabled
  • Resizable Bar Support: Auto
  • PCIe slot speed: Auto
  • XMP Profile activated (D.O.C.P.)

I have also set CPU voltage to Offset mode with negative 0.05000 (50mV down) — this yields less than 2% performance loss while at least 15% more power efficient.

IMG_2125.jpeg
IMG_2138.jpeg

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Forgot — I have replaced the stock Intel WiFi/Bt card with BCM94360NG thus both WiFi and Bt are natively supported.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.