ASRock X670E Pro RS Rev. 1.04 - Ventura Installation

tomaso64

AMD OS X Member
(German)

Hallo Jungs und Mädels
mit eurer Hilfe konnte ich erfolgreich mein ASRock-Monster mit macOS Ventura 13.2.1 installieren. AM5-Slot mit Ryzen 9 7950X. Einzig Ton, WLAN und Bluetooth funktionieren nicht auf dem Board. Das ist mir zum Glück nicht so wichtig. Ton erhalte ich mit einem alten PowerWave und als Mikrofon dient mir eine günstige Webcam von Sandberg. Da beides über USB angeschlossen ist funktioniert es auch problemlos. Bluetooth wäre natürlich schon schön. Vielleicht hat jemand eine Lösung? Hier schon mal mein EFI-Ordner (Typ und Seriennummer muss angepasst werden), ich lasse alles laufen als Mac Pro 2019.
Was noch nicht ganz passt sind die Darstellung der Taktfrequenz des Prozessors. An beiden Orten (Über diesen Mac & Systembericht) werden falsche Werte gezeigt. Die Anzahl Kerne habe ich gemäss Vanilla-Anleitung angepasst (Anleitung).

(English)

Hello guys and gals
with your help I was able to successfully install my ASRock monster with macOS Ventura 13.2.1. AM5 slot with Ryzen 9 7950X. Only sound, WLAN and Bluetooth do not work on the board. Luckily that's not so important to me. I get sound with an old PowerWave and I use a cheap webcam from Sandberg as a microphone. Since both are connected via USB, it also works without any problems. Bluetooth would of course be nice. Maybe someone has a solution? Here's my EFI folder (type and serial number must be adjusted), I run everything as Mac Pro 2019. In both places (About This Mac & System Report) incorrect values are shown. I adjusted the number of cores according to the vanilla instructions (instructions).

EFI based on:
OpenCore 0.9.0

Hardware:
  • ASRock X670E Pro RS Rev. 1.04
  • 32 GR RAM - DDR5-5200
  • AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 4.5GHz
  • AMD Radeon RX 560 4Gb (I am not a game-player)
  • SAMSUNG SSD 980 NVMe - 512 Gb

Attachments

• EFI-ASRockX670E_RS_Pro_Radeon560.zip
    29.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

tomaso64

AMD OS X Member
Here are the images. Upload image-Button is not functionally...

Attachments

• Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-14 um 10.12.55.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-14 um 10.12.55.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-14 um 10.23.43.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-14 um 10.23.43.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-14 um 10.36.19.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-14 um 10.36.19.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 23

Eturnailoptemist

AMD OS X Member
I am very interested in what others have to say about the Bluetooth , WLAN, and sound on the Asrock X670E Pro RS . Hopefully someone has an answer as I am currently going to try the install myself on the same board.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Here are the images. Upload image-Button is not functionally...
The problem of frequency is already known.. But apparently it is only aesthetic at the os level

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
(German)

Hallo Jungs und Mädels
mit eurer Hilfe konnte ich erfolgreich mein ASRock-Monster mit macOS Ventura 13.2.1 installieren. AM5-Slot mit Ryzen 9 7950X. Einzig Ton, WLAN und Bluetooth funktionieren nicht auf dem Board. Das ist mir zum Glück nicht so wichtig. Ton erhalte ich mit einem alten PowerWave und als Mikrofon dient mir eine günstige Webcam von Sandberg. Da beides über USB angeschlossen ist funktioniert es auch problemlos. Bluetooth wäre natürlich schon schön. Vielleicht hat jemand eine Lösung? Hier schon mal mein EFI-Ordner (Typ und Seriennummer muss angepasst werden), ich lasse alles laufen als Mac Pro 2019.
Was noch nicht ganz passt sind die Darstellung der Taktfrequenz des Prozessors. An beiden Orten (Über diesen Mac & Systembericht) werden falsche Werte gezeigt. Die Anzahl Kerne habe ich gemäss Vanilla-Anleitung angepasst (Anleitung).

(English)

Hello guys and gals
with your help I was able to successfully install my ASRock monster with macOS Ventura 13.2.1. AM5 slot with Ryzen 9 7950X. Only sound, WLAN and Bluetooth do not work on the board. Luckily that's not so important to me. I get sound with an old PowerWave and I use a cheap webcam from Sandberg as a microphone. Since both are connected via USB, it also works without any problems. Bluetooth would of course be nice. Maybe someone has a solution? Here's my EFI folder (type and serial number must be adjusted), I run everything as Mac Pro 2019. In both places (About This Mac & System Report) incorrect values are shown. I adjusted the number of cores according to the vanilla instructions (instructions).

EFI based on:
OpenCore 0.9.0

Hardware:
  • ASRock X670E Pro RS Rev. 1.04
  • 32 GR RAM - DDR5-5200
  • AMD Radeon RX 560 4Gb (I am not a game-player)
The Asrock Support page for your board shows its a MediaTek M2 module that enables both Bluetooth and Wireless. You can see the M2 module in the picture of the board. Most of the write ups you'll find here have either intel wireless bluetooth M2 modules (which can be enabled) or users have swapped those onboard cards for the Broadcom M2 BCM94360NG. Your board has easy access to that card so that is what I'd recommend, swap the card for this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083YXS7VF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You could also go with a PCIE Version like the Fenvi T-919 but both support wireless/ bluetooth functionality natively.

Last edited:

tomaso64

AMD OS X Member
To enable the onboard sound I changed the boot argument from alcid=6 to alcid=11. Now the onboard Realtek ALC897 is running with all features.
I have the problem to update to Ventura 13.3+. Despite the algrey 13.3+ patch, the update process no longer starts.
I changed the motherboard bios to version 1.18. Since then, the onboard Realtek network adapter with the Lucy driver no longer works. That's why I advise against the bios update. Now I use a external Gigabit USB-Ethernet-Adapter.
Here my latest EFI-Folder with OpenCore 0.9.1.

Attachments

• EFI_ASRock_X670E_PRO_RS_OC091.zip
    29.7 MB · Views: 8

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
To enable the onboard sound I changed the boot argument from alcid=6 to alcid=11. Now the onboard Realtek ALC897 is running with all features.
I have the problem to update to Ventura 13.3+. Despite the algrey 13.3+ patch, the update process no longer starts.
I changed the motherboard bios to version 1.18. Since then, the onboard Realtek network adapter with the Lucy driver no longer works. That's why I advise against the bios update. Now I use a external Gigabit USB-Ethernet-Adapter.
Here my latest EFI-Folder with OpenCore 0.9.1.
Your Kernel Patches aren't complete, that's your issue. There should be 18 total enabled patches, this is the one you are missing. CaseySJ - Fix PCI bus enumeration on AM5 - 13.0. It should look like the attached.

Attachments

• patches.plist
    16 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

tomaso64

AMD OS X Member
Many thanks, now I'm up to date. It worked

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 16.43.02.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 16.43.02.png
    225.2 KB · Views: 4

tomaso64

AMD OS X Member
UPDATE of my EFI-Folder. Now everything works except for the WLAN. For the moment, I dug out a Bluetake stick that was over 10 years old for the Bluetooth. Mouse and keyboard work perfectly. For WiFi and Bluetooth, I ordered the AX210 M.2 Card from Intel instead of the MediaTek RZ616.

EFI based on:
OpenCore 0.9.1

Hardware:
  • Mainboard: ASRock X670E Pro RS Rev. 1.04
  • 32 GR RAM - DDR5-5200
  • AMD Radeon RX 580 8Gb
  • Realtek Dragon RTL8125BG LAN (run only under Bios 1.11, not under 1.18)
  • Sound: Realtek ALC897 (boot-args alcid=11)

Attachments

• EFI_ASRock_X670E_PRO_RS_OC091-V2.zip
    29.7 MB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.