ASUS X670E ProArt - Sonoma - 7950X -6800XT

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The AMD Vanilla patches linked above don't mention Sonoma.. is it not officially supported then?
No, you are good, its supported.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you look at the latest AMD Kernel patches you will see that some of them have the MaxKernel set for Sonoma, I.e. 23.99.99.

flyingk

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone tried a more recent BIOS version for the MB?

jan001232

AMD OS X Member
You need to know which one is your Wi-Fi card exactly.
Because it has two possibilities for your motherboard, which varies little by country contribution.
pays-wifi.jpg.

1 : ASUS WiFi 6E AX210 Modèle  AX210NGW.jpg 2 : wifi-asus-MT7922A22-WiFi 6E RZ616.jpg.
More information here ⇾ : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket AM5/ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI/E21293_ProArt_X670E-CREATOR_WIFI_UM_V2_WEB.pdf?model=ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI

If your Wi-Fi card is AX210NGW I think activation is possible, if your Wi-Fi card is RZ616 it would be complicated
It may be necessary to change the region indicator to activate certain options which are normally prohibited in your country, so that the Wifi configuration adopts a different management strategy.
It is possible that the bios versions are different depending on the country. I've seen this before.

Last edited:

flyingk

AMD OS X Member
You need to know which one is your Wi-Fi card exactly.
Because it has two possibilities for your motherboard, which varies little by country contribution.
View attachment 13978.

1 : View attachment 13975 2 : View attachment 13976.
More information here ⇾ : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket AM5/ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI/E21293_ProArt_X670E-CREATOR_WIFI_UM_V2_WEB.pdf?model=ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI

If your Wi-Fi card is AX210NGW I think activation is possible, if your Wi-Fi card is RZ616 it would be complicated
It may be necessary to change the region indicator to activate certain options which are normally prohibited in your country, so that the Wifi configuration adopts a different management strategy.
It is possible that the bios versions are different depending on the country. I've seen this before.
@jan001232 Thanks for the reply, but there was a misunderstanding. WIFI works fine on my rig after I replaced the factory wifi module with an Intel one. No BIOS action required.

I was referring to the recent BIOS updates with bug fixes and support for the new CPU generation, since the ASUS bios has been giving trouble in newer versions.

BTW, anyone with a system that won't sleep and a Aquantia network card, check its firmware version. I had to update mine and now sleep finally works. There is a topic on that in Casey's writeup for the Intel Pro Art board on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...r-wifi-thunderbolt-4-i7-12700k-amd-rx-6800-xt

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.