ASUS X670E ProArt - Sonoma - 7950X -6800XT

hayspat

AMD OS X Member
Everything works except wireless/bluetooth. I had to inject patched dsdt in order to boot with bios 1807. It may or may not work with older bios versions. I couldn't test it myself since I couldn't downgrade to an older bios even with flashback option.

Some notes:
  • This includes
    Code:
    PP,PP_WorkLoadPolicyMask = 1
    whatevergreen option to fix coil whine issue in general desktop usage. It may cause lower benchmark scores.
  • DRM works
  • Sleep/usb wake works
  • Docker/android emu works with virtualbox. Though i'd never use android with vbox. Its painfully slow bc of no 3D acceleration. Docker is absolutely fine. Just ssh into your linux box.
  • Works with BIOS 1807
  • I've used fully mapped USB kext that I generated when I was using older bios, it seems to work fine. Your milage may vary.
  • Uses OpenCore 0.9.7

To make this hack perfect, which wifi/bt pcie card is the best option to buy these days? Can i swap onboard chip on proart with it? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 06.25.12.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 06.25.12.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 42
  • sharedefi.zip
    14.8 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

flyingk

AMD OS X Member
I used a Asus PCE-AX3000 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax PCIe x1 Wi-Fi Adapter initially (Intel card) but now swapped the actual M.2 card on the Asus product with the on-board module. Works fine and is not hard to do. I use Ventura, so not sure about the OS versions.

Did you need any special setting in the BIOS to make it work?

Which version of virtual box works for you?
Thanks

Last edited:

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Very nice!

how did u get onboard audio to work?

I may try your EFI at some point. i am just reluectant patch wifi and bluetooth to keep handoff/continuity with my Fenvi/broadcom adapter. that said, I have a 2 TB Samsung 990 NVME that is just sitting there waiting for Sonoma to be installed.

also.. good to know the 6800XT is supported. somehow I thought only the 6900 and 6600 were supported in macOS, but its been a while since I have looked into this.

hayspat

AMD OS X Member
It was one of the easiest things to get it working. Just install applealc kext and add alcid=1 to your boot-args

s34b4ss

AMD OS X Member

@flyingk

Hey there.
I am using the same wifi card but not getting any luck.
I did have it working for aa bit but than system went to sleep and wouldn't wake up and after a reboot, both BT and Wifi went away. Now no matter what I do neither bluetooth nor wifi work.
I am using intelBTPatcher.kext, intelBleutoothinjector.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, BlueoolFixup.kext, Airportitlwm.kext

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance crew!

What works:
Audio
Video
2.5GB ethernet
10GB Ethernet (using CaseySJ aquantia fix)
iServices
Adobe (except for processor specific plugins in PPro and AE --3D camera tracking/Warp stabilizer.)
Logic X
Cinema 4D (although have not done extensive tests here.)

What is not working after tons of trial and error:
Asus PCE-AX3000 wifi or bt. (system sees the device but that is all it does.)

My system:
Mobo: Asus ProArt x670e Creator
Cpu: Risen 9 7950X
Cooler: BeQuiet! PureLoop 240mm
Ram: 64Gb G.Skill
GPU: Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB
M2 SSD: Samsung 990pro MacOs Ventura, Samsung 980pro Win11, WB 750Black Ubuntu studio.
SATA SSD: 2x 2TB Silipower (generic Chinese ssd's)
HD: 2x 10TB HGST
Wifi/BT: Asus PCE-AX3000
PSU: Thermaltake GF A3 1050w
Case: NZXT H7

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    51.3 MB · Views: 20

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It was one of the easiest things to get it working. Just install applealc kext and add alcid=1 to your boot-args

just seeing this. i think I have already done the above steps but its been a while since I tinkered with my EFI.

Are u sure you are not just using HDMI or some other audio device with this motherboard?

on my X670E Hero it worked OOTB with the above steps, but not so with the X670E Creator.

hayspat

AMD OS X Member
I'm sure, its using 3.5" jack on mb. You just need to select internal speaker as output option.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 21.54.47.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 21.54.47.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 20

s34b4ss

AMD OS X Member
I used a Asus PCE-AX3000 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax PCIe x1 Wi-Fi Adapter initially (Intel card) but now swapped the actual M.2 card on the Asus product with the on-board module. Works fine and is not hard to do. I use Ventura, so not sure about the OS versions.

Did you need any special setting in the BIOS to make it work?

Which version of virtual box works for you?
Thanks
Any suggestions? I am really confused as to why this is not working for me? (sorry I wrote a separate post as opposed to reply to you originally.
thanks in advance.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
do we think the Apple Vision Pro will be connectable to a RyzenTsoh?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
do we think the Apple Vision Pro will be connectable to a RyzenTsoh?
It must be a Bluetooth connection so likely it’s possible. Save your nickels for the $3500 entry fee. Expect some issues though for a first generation device with a two hour battery life…..

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It must be a Bluetooth connection so likely it’s possible. Save your nickels for the $3500 entry fee. Expect some issues though for a first generation device with a two hour battery life…..
will it be Broadcom bluetooth compatible? that's the question

Last edited:

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm sure, its using 3.5" jack on mb. You just need to select internal speaker as output option.

so I feel very stupid...

Screen Shot 2024-02-02 at 11.29.10 PM.png
That could not have been easier.

I was using AppleACLU.kext instead of AppleACL.kext :oops:

full disclosure:

I have not tested the audio b/c tihs is a HTPC that is sitting inder my OLED and gets audio via HDMI from my 6950XT.

but the internal seakers and line out ports magically appeared. yay!!

Thank you for helping me finally progress!

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
will it be Broadcom bluetooth compatible? that's the question
Who can say at this point, we would need some adventurous soul with $3500 and a Ryzentosh to put it to the test. Also Bluetooth is Bluetooth, if its working then the type of module probably will not matter or at least that is my guess.

s34b4ss

AMD OS X Member
Also this is solvable:
weirdly from my ryzentosh I can't seem to register on that website?!?! It never sends me a email confirmation message!? I have been trying to figure it out because their moderators are also not writing me back... not sure if this is a VPN issue or something else.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
weirdly from my ryzentosh I can't seem to register on that website?!?! It never sends me a email confirmation message!? I have been trying to figure it out because their moderators are also not writing me back... not sure if this is a VPN issue or something else.
check in your spam folder
did you have contact a mod there? who?

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Who can say at this point, we would need some adventurous soul with $3500 and a Ryzentosh to put it to the test. Also Bluetooth is Bluetooth, if its working then the type of module probably will not matter or at least that is my guess.

so I can confrim the Mac Vitual Display works on the iMac Pro 2017. I finally upgraded to Sanoma for this reason.

I need a brave soul to help me add the Sonoma patches to my X670E Creator config.plist before I install Sanoma on said system.

it is so long since I have used propertree and my Monterey install is so rock rock solid, I am reluctant to touch it.

never mind that I have to patch it so that broadcom BT and Wifi (Fenvi T919) will work.. EEEK.

anyone want to walk me through it please?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
so I can confrim the Mac Vitual Display works on the iMac Pro 2017. I finally upgraded to Sanoma for this reason.

I need a brave soul to help me add the Sonoma patches to my X670E Creator config.plist before I install Sanoma on said system.

it is so long since I have used propertree and my Monterey install is so rock rock solid, I am reluctant to touch it.

never mind that I have to patch it so that broadcom BT and Wifi (Fenvi T919) will work.. EEEK.

anyone want to walk me through it please?
Maybe upload your EFI folder without serial numbers and someone will help by rebuilding it. Meanwhile if you want to get under the hood yourself the link to the latest patches is here and an explanation of how to change core counts.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Maybe upload your EFI folder without serial numbers and someone will help by rebuilding it. Meanwhile if you want to get under the hood yourself the link to the latest patches is here and an explanation of how to change core counts.

The AMD Vanilla patches linked above don't mention Sonoma.. is it not officially supported then?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.