Your Mac has no volumes to recover. help!

j71rivera

AMD OS X Member
I seem to have forgotten my macos password. I updated to OC 6.3 and at first I could not load the Recovery was getting the "OCB: Loadimage failed - Unsupported" . Figured out i was missing a the HfsPlus.efi .. file. now I go to terminal and type resetpassword and it tells me "Your Mac has no volumes to recover" ... If i go look in disk utilities. It clearly sees them. And i can boot right into my MacOS drive no issues. i had set it to bypass the password so i even get to the desktop. But I cannot do anything that requires the account password. Hence the password reset problem. I really do not want to reinstall the OS. i was going to install Big Sur but i need to be able to access the sudo password to make a big sur boot usb. Id really rather not reinstall 10.5.5 to then only wipe it to then install 11.0.1.

Any help here ? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.