XHC renaming for USB Mapping with MacPro7,1?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
The guide says it the command returns nothing then you don't need to rename.

If nothing returns(like with the right image), you don't need any renames.

If one of the 3 entries return(like with the left image), you'll need a rename for whatever returns.

Squizzy

AMD OS X Member
The guide says it the command returns nothing then you don't need to rename.
yep I know. but they also say:
SMBIOSes that do not need the ACPI renames:

• iMac18,x and newer
  • MacPro7,1 and newer
  • Macmini8,1 and newer
  • MacBook9,x and newer
  • MacBookAir8,x and newer
  • MacBookPro13,x and newer

in addition: what about XHC0? Is XHC1 just an example or is the renaming just necessary for XHC1?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Not 100% sure tbh. I use iMacPro1,1 SMBios. What motherboard do you have an is there a reason you chose the MacPro7,1?

Squizzy

AMD OS X Member
Not 100% sure tbh. I use iMacPro1,1 SMBios. What motherboard do you have an is there a reason you chose the MacPro7,1?
MSI X570 MPG Gaming Edge Wifi
AMD 3600
DDR4-3200 2x8GB RAM
AsRock ATI Vega 56

I hope to get rid of my sleep issue. Displays go black, but the CPU fan is spinning at full speed. After 180 sec the pc restarts and I get a crash report about some IOService USB problems raising an kernel panic.

i also tried your SSDT-XHC.aml which lets me run the IntelBluetooth kext, but the error problem still exist. I know that there can be a lot of different problems regarding sleep issues, but I have to start at one point.

EDIT:
You have a quiet similar setup. Is Sleep working for you?

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
This is what I use on my System. Sleep only works on High Sierra and Big Sur. Could never get it to correctly work on Catalina.

Attachments

• USB.zip
    2 KB · Views: 18

Squizzy

AMD OS X Member
This is what I use on my System. Sleep only works on High Sierra and Big Sur. Could never get it to correctly work on Catalina.
Yours looks quiet similar except the wifi card which includes my bluetooth dongle. the bluetooth is connected over USB. do I have still set it to external/interal or remap it? or is your SSDT-XHC working fine for me too?

I try to switch to Big Sur next week on release.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.