X570 Thunderbolt broke on update and stays broken even on rollback

winterwolf

AMD OS X Member
This problem has been driving me crazy.

I have an ASROCK X570 Creator with onboard TB3. I was running Catalina with OC0.5.9 with just about everything working. I decided maybe it was time to update, so I pulled out the NVME and put in an entirely new one. Used AudioGod's 0.6.9 EFI to install Big Sur and booted up. No TB3 showed up. I did all the typical things, updating kexts and making sure my new ACPI files and settings were exactly the same as my old ones, boot-flags; same. But still no TB3.

Here's where it gets weird. I had a project come in and needed to spin up the RAID that's connected via TB3, so I dropped my old NVME in and booted up. No raid, no TB3. So I cleared nvram, reset my bios, everything I could think of. Still no TB3. I can't make any MacOS boot with TB3. I'm so confused. I booted into windows, and it's there. Just not in MacOS.

The thing that really drives me crazy is that this drive is the exact drive, OC0.5.9 Catalina, I took out of the machine which worked just a few days ago when I started this process.

What could have happened? What am I overlooking? Any thoughts on getting it working again?

Attached AudioGod's modded efi for reference.

Attachments

• winterwolf 069 EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 5

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This problem has been driving me crazy.

I have an ASROCK X570 Creator with onboard TB3. I was running Catalina with OC0.5.9 with just about everything working. I decided maybe it was time to update, so I pulled out the NVME and put in an entirely new one. Used AudioGod's 0.6.9 EFI to install Big Sur and booted up. No TB3 showed up. I did all the typical things, updating kexts and making sure my new ACPI files and settings were exactly the same as my old ones, boot-flags; same. But still no TB3.

Here's where it gets weird. I had a project come in and needed to spin up the RAID that's connected via TB3, so I dropped my old NVME in and booted up. No raid, no TB3. So I cleared nvram, reset my bios, everything I could think of. Still no TB3. I can't make any MacOS boot with TB3. I'm so confused. I booted into windows, and it's there. Just not in MacOS.

The thing that really drives me crazy is that this drive is the exact drive, OC0.5.9 Catalina, I took out of the machine which worked just a few days ago when I started this process.

What could have happened? What am I overlooking? Any thoughts on getting it working again?

Attached AudioGod's modded efi for reference.
I think you should remove all that acpi stuff for a basic install. just start with the dortonia basic acpi. perphaps eveything won't work but you ll be able to use your TB and finish your work

winterwolf

AMD OS X Member
I think you should remove all that acpi stuff for a basic install. just start with the dortonia basic acpi. perphaps eveything won't work but you ll be able to use your TB and finish your work
Yeah, I tried that too. I've tried like 15 different EFI's from various builds on the internet as well as completely stripped down EFI's. I truly can't understand why it's not working now.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yeah, I tried that too. I've tried like 15 different EFI's from various builds on the internet as well as completely stripped down EFI's. I truly can't understand why it's not worper
And what about your BIOS version ? try to update or back to a previous version

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.