x570 i Aorus+OpenCore+ Catalina=Epic Fail...

m0>

AMD OS X Member
I have tried for several days to get a working installer for either Catalina or Big Sur. No luck. I followed the instructions provided on this youtube video, rebuilt everything several times to make sure I didn't make a bad copy, used other peoples EFI that swore success on their similar systems...nada. With Catalina, I can't even get to the OpenCore boot menu; all I get is 'C: Failed to find SB mode DefaultDefaut halting on critical error' right at bios load. With Big Sur, I get some verbose action, system reboots to "end Setcontrolmode", more verbose, then a final stop on HPET: map services failed...single ram bank...
I did turn off SIP in the plist, as I was wondering if it being on was blocking install progress...Any help would be super.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
It would help if you add your hardware specs to your sig. Look below for an example.

m0>

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the info, I did find a link here to check out my plist. It needed some adjustment. I am still getting errors though, so I will chalk it up to maybe a different release of Catalina not jibing with my list created from an earlier Youtube source. I seem to get farther along when attempting Big Sur, so I will keep experimenting.
The gear for this project consists of a 3700x/Aorus x570 I pro wireless/Vega 64/ 32 gigs DDR4 3600 Trident ZNeo/Sabrent PCI-E 4 512 gig NVMe, and a FSP Dagger 650 SFF PSU in an SFF Lian Li case.
(My daily driver is a modded G5 case with a dual socket Intel board running dual Xeons, Sapphire RX 580, 64 gigs of ram and macOS Mojave)

m0>

AMD OS X Member
I finally got a copy of Mojave up and running with OpenCore. Is there a way to go from Mojave to Catalina/Big Sur, albeit with some alterations to my plist, etc?
The item I changed in plist was the security, setting it to disable, and in my board bios, enabling above 64.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.