X399 Taichi - DSDT Woes

cpukid00

AMD OS X Member
Hey guys! Loving the look of the new forum, by the way! (y)

I picked up a Threadripper 2950X and an X399 Taichi motherboard for my latest build. I currently have Catalina 10.15.4 up and running great, however, I have a problem with my USB mapping.

I've posted the issues I'm having on the Discord, and from that, I've concluded the X399 Taichi is a very weird beast when it comes to its DSDT. I've attached a DSDT dump from MaciASL here.

To sum up my issue in a nutshell, I have a Broadcom BCM94360CD WiFi/Bluetooth card in my system. Without XhciPortLimit enabled in my config, the Bluetooth on it does not work. This clearly indicates a USB mapping problem. However, my motherboard is very different than the guides I've attempted to follow. Let me show you:

1588446732367.png

As you can see in that screenshot (MaciASL on the left, ioreg on the right) All of my USB devices are under PTXH>RHUB in MaciASL, but there's no mention of any of those port names in ioreg. In ioreg, if I scroll down to the XHC section, all of my ports are labeled as 'AppleUSB20XHCIPort', rather than their port names from MaciASL. None of these ports have a 'name' attribute, either:

1588446807354.png

Furthermore, in MaciASL, I seem to have 4 XHC0 controllers, none with any ports! All of the ports live under PTXH, which is why my bluetooth wasn't working; I was over the 15 port limit, and it was just not passing my internal USB 2.0 headers to macOS.

So, my question is; how can I go about mapping my ports without any port names? I do see USB devices in ioreg when I plug them in, but without having the port name, mapping them seems very difficult.

Here's my config sanity checker: https://opencore.slowgeek.com/?file=amd057EDUYVU&rs=amd057

As you can see, I am currently running without anything in my ACPI folder. I know this isn't good, but am clearly trying to fix :)

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I'd like get a better understanding of why my DSDT is so different from every guide I've tried to follow. FWIW, I am on the latest UEFI of this motherboard.

Attachments

• cpukid00 X399 Taichi DSDT.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 13

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Can you boot with and without the XhciPortLimit and share a DSDT and IOReg from both boots please.

cpukid00

AMD OS X Member
Can you boot with and without the XhciPortLimit and share a DSDT and IOReg from both boots please.

My apologies for the delay! I've attached both here in a single zip file.

Attachments

• cpukid00 MaciASL-IOReg Dumps.zip
    2 MB · Views: 12

cpukid00

AMD OS X Member
Just wanted to give this a bump; does anyone have any ideas about this motherboard and its DSDT/SSDT layout/configuration?

Thanks again! :)

GenBuckTurgidson

AMD OS X Member
I have the same board, but I am using Big Sur. It took a bit to even get it booting. I will post my EFI dir tomorrow. I need to do a little more tweaking tho. My audio doesn’t work, and I get an error message about too much memory being installed despite only having 32GB installed. I had to enable several memory quirks and I’ll need to enable/disable one by one.

GenBuckTurgidson

AMD OS X Member
So, I now have everything working except for the memory warning at start up.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.