WiFi Upload Speed Very Slow With Broadcom Card

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
The motherboard is a Gigabyte B540 I WiFi Pro and up to now, I had been using the built-in wireless card (intel) with Heliport for my Wifi. Upload and download speeds were fine but I wanted to use AirDrop and iMessage and I understood that these would work better with an Apple-compatible Broadcom card.

I ordered a BCM94360NG Hackintosh wifi M.2 Card Dual Band 802.11ac 867Mbps Bluetooth4.0 Card from eBay and that arrived today. I have fitted it to my motherboard and at first, it appeared to be working fine however on checking speeds the download is fast, and as it always has been but the upload speed, which was normally around 17 Mbps has dropped to below 1 Mbps and I can't figure out why.

Perhaps I should be removing one or more Kexts from my EFI?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The motherboard is a Gigabyte B540 I WiFi Pro and up to now, I had been using the built-in wireless card (intel) with Heliport for my Wifi. Upload and download speeds were fine but I wanted to use AirDrop and iMessage and I understood that these would work better with an Apple-compatible Broadcom card.

I ordered a BCM94360NG Hackintosh wifi M.2 Card Dual Band 802.11ac 867Mbps Bluetooth4.0 Card from eBay and that arrived today. I have fitted it to my motherboard and at first, it appeared to be working fine however on checking speeds the download is fast, and as it always has been but the upload speed, which was normally around 17 Mbps has dropped to below 1 Mbps and I can't figure out why.

Perhaps I should be removing one or more Kexts from my EFI?
The BCM94360NG does not need any additional kexts or patches to make it work right so if you have anything related to wlan in your kext folder do indeed remove them,
I use the same card and get around 700mbs up and down.

You can also try clearing your NVARAM and turning off the WiFI and Bluetooth and back on again.

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
The BCM94360NG does not need any additional kexts or patches to make it work right so if you have anything related to wlan in your kext folder do indeed remove them,
I use the same card and get around 700mbs up and down.

You can also try clearing your NVARAM and turning off the WiFI and Bluetooth and back on again.
Thanks. I have a feeling there may be something in my EFI that is causing the problem. These are the Kexts I currently have in the EFI. I assume I need to remove the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and the IntelBluetoothinjector.kext and also the itlwm.kext?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Drop,
both BlueTooth kexts,
itlwm
AppleMCERepoterDisabler
plus you only need SMCAMDProcessor if you are using a third party app to monitor your system stats like istat.

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Strange thing. When I removed those kexts and restarted, it would not boot. Only got a black screen with the Apple logo. I always keep a clone drive handy so it's not a big deal but it is strange?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Strange thing. When I removed those kexts and restarted, it would not boot. Only got a black screen with the Apple logo. I always keep a clone drive handy so it's not a big deal but it is strange?
That’s is strange, I guess you must still need the AppleMCERepoterDisabler kext then but it’s not been needed since Catalina really.

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
I have always had a bit of an odd-ball system. I will have a play and see if I can get it to boot.

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Ok so it gets even weirder now. I restored my EFI and rebooted and that was ok. Then I only removed the two BlueTooth kexts and itlwm. Rebooted and connected via wifi but now all my passwords for everything are being rejected! All my email accounts etc, nothing works.

By the way, I also removed the entries for those kexts from the config.plist. Was I supposed to do that?

elixir

AMD OS X Member
Ok so it gets even weirder now. I restored my EFI and rebooted and that was ok. Then I only removed the two BlueTooth kexts and itlwm. Rebooted and connected via wifi but now all my passwords for everything are being rejected! All my email accounts etc, nothing works.

By the way, I also removed the entries for those kexts from the config.plist. Was I supposed to do that?
try this method from dortania

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Still cannot get the upload speed to improve however, airdrop is working, or at least it works from my phone to the computer but not computer to phone which is fine for me. So I have ethernet connected for upload/download and just use wireless for airdrop.

elixir

AMD OS X Member
Still cannot get the upload speed to improve however, airdrop is working, or at least it works from my phone to the computer but not computer to phone which is fine for me. So I have ethernet connected for upload/download and just use wireless for airdrop.
have you tried the 'contacts only' in airdrop in the desktop? you should have same appleid enabled on both devices

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Yes, but it wants to activate iCloud. I can't ever get that to work. I put in my Apple id and pass, it sits there for a while and then says it cannot connect to the server. I have tried changing serial numbers etc so many times but it never works.

elixir

AMD OS X Member

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Thanks but I have done that more times than I care to remember. It simply never works :(

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.