Which Gaming laptop Should I Buy in 2022

ricravisa

AMD OS X Member
Hello amd-osx community! Currently, I'm looking for a suggestion to purchasing my gaming laptop. I have already check out some good devices from Asus and Lenovo, but I'm in confusion on that which one should I take. I couldn't take any decision yet, because I don't have enough knowledge in this area. Below I have included what specs should have on my new laptop and the game lists, Which I want to play without frame dropping or other issues. Please check and suggest me the best one

Spec's Requirements:

Processor: Core i7, i9 or Ryzen 7, 9

Display: FHD / OLED

Storage: At least 1 TB

RAM: At least 16 GB

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX3050TI at least

Game lists:

World War
FIFA 22
Ever Quest
The Witcher 3
Dying Light
Hitman 3
half-life alyx

I have already one device on my choice list, but I am confused about price. Caused I have faced some issue on price section with our country reseller, they're asking too much price than official price. Is this site providing Zephyrus m16 legal price. Should I take from here, I am also seeking this advice

https://mcsolution.com.bd/asus-rog-zephyrus-m16-gu603zw-12th-gen-core-i9-12900h/

I hope I will get my best suggestion from amd osx community.

Attachments

• asus zephyrus m16 price.jpg
    asus zephyrus m16 price.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 9

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hello amd-osx community! Currently, I'm looking for a suggestion to purchasing my gaming laptop. I have already check out some good devices from Asus and Lenovo, but I'm in confusion on that which one should I take. I couldn't take any decision yet, because I don't have enough knowledge in this area. Below I have included what specs should have on my new laptop and the game lists, Which I want to play without frame dropping or other issues. Please check and suggest me the best one

Spec's Requirements:

Processor: Core i7, i9 or Ryzen 7, 9

Display: FHD / OLED

Storage: At least 1 TB

RAM: At least 16 GB

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX3050TI at least

Game lists:

World War
FIFA 22
Ever Quest
The Witcher 3
Dying Light
Hitman 3
half-life alyx

I have already one device on my choice list, but I am confused about price. Caused I have faced some issue on price section with our country reseller, they're asking too much price than official price. Is this site providing Zephyrus m16 legal price. Should I take from here, I am also seeking this advice

https://mcsolution.com.bd/asus-rog-zephyrus-m16-gu603zw-12th-gen-core-i9-12900h/

I hope I will get my best suggestion from amd osx community.
Hi there,

First of all welcome to the forum!

Regarding your question it’s a actually quite an easy question - there are probably only two laptops that may be worthy for 2022 - the HP Omen 16 with Ryzen 7 5800H & AMD 6600M, the Lenovo Legion 5 5800H with 6600M. Both have the 8 core Ryzen 5800 and also very powerful (and hackintosh-compatible AMD RX6600 GPU). Yes there are Asus ROG laptops out now but unfortunately none of theor latest Nvidia based laptops can run macOS as RTX 30 series are not supported. Same goes for Intel Alder Lake - there is no guarantee that the newer Alder Lake chips works now for macOS as Intel changed their policy recently on AVX512 compatibility of the chip (by shutting off that part of the silicon). So AMD Ryzen remains your best choice.

hoanvu99hn

AMD OS X Member
Choosing which gaming laptop will depend on your usage needs. Like me, I only play games online free pc on the website and edit videos lightly, I choose Asus FX506LH is enough. But you need at least 16gb of ram for the machine to work smoothly when playing games

Last edited:

namquang93

AMD OS X Member
what do you guys think about the 2022 model of HP Omen 16 (Ryzen 7 6800H + RX 6650M) ? Will it be hackintosh-able?

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Check to see if the Laptop has a MUX switch, so you can turn off the AMD Integrated APU and solely use the AMD RX6650M for all graphics processes. As the APU is not supported in any version of macOS.

The RX6650M is part of the Navi 23 family and supports the installation of macOS. You may need to use a device-id patch so the card works as if it were an RX6600M .

See this page over at TechPowerUP regarding the Navi 23 GPU's.

CraftyCranberry

AMD OS X Member
Check to see if the Laptop has a MUX switch, so you can turn off the AMD Integrated APU and solely use the AMD RX6650M for all graphics processes. As the APU is not supported in any version of macOS.

The RX6650M is part of the Navi 23 family and supports the installation of macOS. You may need to use a device-id patch so the card works as if it were an RX6600M .

See this page over at TechPowerUP regarding the Navi 23 GPU's.

Hi there,
Wouldnt the iGPU work with NootedRed? Running macOS solely on the dGPU would mean the battery life would be really bad, probable under 2 hours. Also is it not possible to use both at the same time? like use the iGPU for most of the stuff and the dGPU only when you need the extra power, like for rendering videos.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No, you won't be able to use Switchable graphics. It is why the quote says check to see if the laptop has a MUX switch. You can't do that on an Intel laptop, so why would you expect it be possible on an AMD laptop?
  • Yes, most AMD APUs will work with NootedRed.kext.
  • Yes, a Navi RX dGPU will work with NootRX.kext.
  • You have to disable one or the other GPU, so the laptop only uses one graphics processor.
  • Yes, it will have an impact on the battery life if you select the dGPU as the main graphics processor in macOS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.