What is the cheapest graphics card I can use?

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
I have Big Sur running fine on a Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI and I am currently using an XFX 7850 2GB graphics card. It's fine but I could do with something a little more up to date.

I am a bit out of touch with the whole Hackintosh/Graphics Card thing but I know there are probably just a few cards that will work? So my question is, what is the cheapest of these cards? and will it be better than what I have?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It depends on availability in your country tbh. Take a look at the Dortania GPU Buyers guide here, https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/amd-gpu.html

RX 4xx or RX 5xx cards are a good middle choice tbh. I've had a RX 560 and 480 in my system, both worked great on macOS and worked enough for casual gaming at medium to high settings.

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Thanks. I am in the UK. I also run Win10 on the same machine (different boot drives) and that is where I do all my gaming. So anything that works ok in Big Sur and will also benefit me in Win10 will be a plus :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.