marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Being a noob and seeing "Big Navi" works with BigSur I found a 6600xt in my budget and scooped it up... Installed BigSur and come to realise... 7mb Display shown for graphics... So after some digging that's when I discovered 6600 and 6700 are not supported on Mac [YET].... What options do those of us that are stuck with this kind of setup have? I could possibly sell and then try to find a 6800xt that I don't have to sell my house for but that's a stretch. Let me know if anyone has some underground intel on support for the 66's and 67's

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If Apple wanted to support them they would already, since Navi 22/23 are very similar to Navi 21. Since there is still no support we can assume Apple won't be using them and very likely will not support them.

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Well I hunted around and I don't need a beast GPU as I don't do Video or graphics, I do software engineering so mostly CPU intensive stuff... I found a "Decently" priced wx5100 which has the required number of Display Ports I need. I think it should be a easy config.plist edit by removing the Navi boot arg, maybe @Shaneee or @AudioGod can confirm

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
To a big surprise, Monterey 12.1 Beta contains support for the 6600 XT.

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
To a big surprise, Monterey 12.1 Beta contains support for the 6600 XT.
Wait seriously?? !!!

Updating to Monterey 12.0.1 then Ill see if I can go the 12.1

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.