Weird power issue.

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am experiencing a very strange bug.
The specs of my system can be found at my signature.
When I leave the PC shut down for some time (i.e. for more than an hour), next time I boot it up, it freezes half way the apple logo boot screen. I have to close the PC by either holding down the power button or via the PSU (using the button on the PSU). Right after, I press the power button and I boot into MacOS without any problem.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I can understand it is a power issue? Could this be a faulty PSU? Or any problem with my config.plist power settings? or with bootloader 0.68 maybe?

Any suggestion would be massively appreciated.
Thank you.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
How long does it hang for? On my system it pauses for about... ten to fifteen seconds on the System Integrity Protection (SIP) message but then continues without a hitch. Add -v to your boot arguments to temporarily get messages to see where it hangs.

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
How long does it hang for? On my system it pauses for about... ten to fifteen seconds on the System Integrity Protection (SIP) message but then continues without a hitch. Add -v to your boot arguments to temporarily get messages to see where it hangs.

It hangs for ever. Never boots. I tried the -v parameter but could not make out what the problem was.
However, if indeed this is a problem with opencore or config.plist, why does it boot without any problem after I force it to power down? And then I have no problem when I reboot or boot again.
This problem occurs only when the PC is shut down for some time.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
(spitballing here) Are there any weird energy related settings in the bios or (once booted in macOS) things selected under Energy Saver? There's "Start up automatically after a power failure" (it's off on my system) or computer sleep times you could check (mine is set to never).

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
(spitballing here) Are there any weird energy related settings in the bios or (once booted in macOS) things selected under Energy Saver? There's "Start up automatically after a power failure" (it's off on my system) or computer sleep times you could check (mine is set to never).
It is a weird issue. Maybe it has nothing to do with software or hardware. Maybe it has to do with static electricity etc....
Anyway, thanks. I will keep looking into the matter.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.