Water cooled Ryzen 3950X | Asus ROG Strix X570-I | Big Sur and Catalina | Sapphire 5700XT | G.Skill 32GB

sandflea

AMD OS X Member
Thank you, but I tried your attachment 2 on High Sierra and use my config.plist it didn't work at all, all the ports are still detected as usb2.

I think I'll get a cheap 2nd hand AMD card and install Catalina and see..

I think that's normal. If you connect a keyboard to a USB3 port, all you need is 12Mbps. All my USB receiver for keyboard and mouse and Aura LED, also show up as 12Mbps. If I connect USB3 thumb drive, it shows up as 5Gbps.

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
I think that's normal. If you connect a keyboard to a USB3 port, all you need is 12Mbps. All my USB receiver for keyboard and mouse and Aura LED, also show up as 12Mbps. If I connect USB3 thumb drive, it shows up as 5Gbps.
I got a cheap rx470 and replaced my gtx750,deleted high Sierra and install Catalina all my USB ports work like a charm with your files.
I googled high Sierra has some issues with all usb speed running at 48mpbs.
Would it be possible changing smbios to macpro7,1 ?

thank you.

sandflea

AMD OS X Member
I got a cheap rx470 and replaced my gtx750,deleted high Sierra and install Catalina all my USB ports work like a charm with your files.
I googled high Sierra has some issues with all usb speed running at 48mpbs.
Would it be possible changing smbios to macpro7,1 ?

thank you.
I think the most compatible smbios is macpro1,1 which I used. From what I can tell from the net, macpro7,1 seems to be as compatible and recommended for ryzentosh. You can try it. Just create another partition, copy it using superduper, and change the smbios. Or create a USB boot disk and change the smbios there. Changing smbios may prevent your install to boot. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I noticed some performance boost upgrading to opencore 0.61 from 0.59 in geek benchmark. Not sure what if any gain from macpro7,1.

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
I switched smbios to Mac Pro7,1 everything seems working flawless, except istats/sensei apps cannot detect cpu temperature and memory tab crash under About this Mac.

I have already injected MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext, I should not bother you but do you know how to fix it?;)

Last edited:

sandflea

AMD OS X Member
I switched smbios to Mac Pro7,1 everything seems working flawless, except istats/sensei apps cannot detect cpu temperature and memory tab crash under About this Mac.

I have already injected MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext, I should not bother you but do you know how to fix it?;)
Not sure how to fix those. Have you done any benchmark to see if the performance is any better on 7,1? My latest benchmark overclocked to 4.3Ghz is 1315/15238 for Geekbench and 10321 for Cinebench R20. By the way, I was able to update to 10.15.7 no issue...

sandflea

AMD OS X Member
I got Big Sur 11.0.1 beta working. Sleep works now!!

If you would like to adventure, check out my OC4BigSur.zip

rajovo

AMD OS X Member
Guys, is it worth to switch from iMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1 SMBIOS? I have 3900x on Asus X570-p and RX 580. I use a LOT of USB stuff (easily 5 drives and 5-8 dongles) and it seems logical to me that a desktop workhorse SMBIOS would be better suited to Ryzentosh like this. Thanks.

sandflea

AMD OS X Member
Just like that? Any extra steps necessary?
Not really. If you take the attached OpenCore config, no issue. I did have an issue with the network not working when I migrated from previous BigSur beta, so I had to do a fresh install. Good luck.

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
Yah! Big Sur just released, gonna use your EFI for Big Sur.

Thank you

Last edited:

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
There no USBPorts.kext in for Big Sur? or do I need to copy the USBPorts.kext from OC usbmap.zip ?

thank you

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
fresh installed Big Sur with your kexts, everything working fine, sleep seems to work I need to test it throughly...
but I have a issue if you can help me to fix, since I have upgraded my cpu to 5600x with 2802 bios, my entire system is lagging and even the audio output.

I don't have such issues in 2606 bios with 3950x cpu

*I installed oc 0.64 DevBuild added support 19h 5000 series cpu, fixed my issues

Last edited:

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
I tested few day, the sleep is working fine but when I wake up the machine all my usb hdds will say ejected accidentally, and I disabled Put hard disk to sleep when possible under energy saver

sandflea

AMD OS X Member
fresh installed Big Sur with your kexts, everything working fine, sleep seems to work I need to test it throughly...
but I have a issue if you can help me to fix, since I have upgraded my cpu to 5600x with 2802 bios, my entire system is lagging and even the audio output.

I don't have such issues in 2606 bios with 3950x cpu

*I installed oc 0.64 DevBuild added support 19h 5000 series cpu, fixed my issues
Nice work buddy!

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
Hi, my ITX hackintosh run smoothly and gave it to my dad, and now I'm building another big system using 5900x + Asus X570-E ATX Mobo, I can't find any article other people using x570-E only non-wifi version X570-F, I need to learn how to fix the USB ports o_O

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.