Using LauncherOption

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi somebody has already try this without issue ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 21.22.09.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 21.22.09.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 17

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yes without any issues.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you Shaneee,
And now, if i want to change the default (Windows) to Mac Os ?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You use Startup Disk within the maOS System Prefernces for that.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ok but i dont use boot camp. i have two seperate disk, one for windows and one for macOs.
I can not see the windows disk in the startup disk menu

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Ok but i dont use boot camp. i have two seperate disk, one for windows and one for macOs.
I can not see the windows disk in the startup disk menu
I don’t use boot camp either. Windows was installed before macOS. Check the OC docs, I’m sure there’s a way to set the default there too. I do however have the boot camp drivers installed on windows.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I don’t use boot camp either. Windows was installed before macOS. Check the OC docs, I’m sure there’s a way to set the default there too. I do however have the boot camp drivers installed on windows.
But i have installed Catalina first. Ok il will look in the OC doc. If you can see your Windows Disk i supposed to see mine too.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It's possibly because of the bootcamp drivers on Windows. With this I don't need the picker in OC. If my BIOS resets then Windows becomes the default as the NVRAM is cleared. Once Windows boots I can reboot to macOS with the bootcamp utility.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Maybe a stupid question, but I always make test boot usb sticks before upgrading the main drive's EFI. Will enabling LauncherOption mess anything up with regards such tests? (Just a big proponent of the if it ain't broke doctrine) Have done a cursory scan of the documentation and understand the added safety LO provides with unruly Windows.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
As it is something new and very interesting, it was a way to take attention of this good improvement. And yes i always make a dummy usb to evaluate.
But as i don't knom everything, it was a surprise for me that this option was not set by default.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It's possibly because of the bootcamp drivers on Windows. With this I don't need the picker in OC. If my BIOS resets then Windows becomes the default as the NVRAM is cleared. Once Windows boots I can reboot to macOS with the bootcamp utility.
Hi Shaneee, finaly, now i can see the disks in startup disk menu. I don't know if it is the new OC version 067 doing that or it is because i wanted to show the internal disk icon and have to "Add" the "Devices properties"

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.