JJDizz1L

AMD OS X Member
Hello all. Question: I am running the AMD OpenCore 0.5.9 Hackintosh. My setup is as follows: AMD b350 Tomahawk Motherboard, M.2 Samsung 970 Evo, 16GB RAM at 3200MHz, GTX 1080 Ti.

I am using MacOSX High Sierra 10.13.6. Everything is working perfectly fine. I built a custom DTST specific for my board and USB ports and made sure to enable the .aml file in the config.plist. All of my motherboard's USB ports work: 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 gen 2 (respectively).

My only issue is while using one of my USB 3.0 ports as a HUB via, my monitor which splits one port into 4 USB 3.0 ports, MacOS sees this HUB, but when I insert anything into them nothing occurs. I am being a little 'picky' but I want it all; the full experience and I don't mind learning.

If you have the knowledge please be helpful *(very important)

winterwolf

AMD OS X Member
I can confirm that this is a problem specifically with High Sierra. Even the Apple keyboard I was using only shows up as a hub with none of the ports working for expansion. I spent 2 weeks troubleshooting the mouse not working, since it's receiver was plugged into the keyboard, and the keyboard not working since it's technically plugged into the hub of the keyboard hub, only to find that anything I plugged directly into the machine works (except the apple keyboard!). Just no hubs.

I have 3 monitors, all with hubs, and another hub that has random stuff like a wacom tablet, resolve dongle, and some other stuff in it, and from the looks of it, none of them work. In order to work in HS, I have to plug just the stuff I need directly into the USB on the MB for now. Def would be interested in a fix.

My suggestion it to move to Catalina, though I don't know your situation and you would obviously have to swap out the 1080 with an AMD GPU.

All the hubs work in Cat, but obviously not Nvidia. At this point it looks like it's a choice :confused: and for me it's hard because I need CUDA more than I need hubs, but it's really inconvenient.

Let me know if you figure out a solution to ANY hubs at all. Maybe we could grow from there.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.