USB don't work properly 10.13.1

didedoshka

AMD OS X Member
So, hi everyone here. About a year ago I have successfully installed High Sierra on:
Ryzen 2600, AsRock B450M PRO4 and nVidea gtx1070.
Now i finally decided to ask about my problems. I think my USB ports don't work as good as they should. 1.) I can't see USB 2.0 here. 2.) My BCM920702 bluetooth adapter doesn't work at all 3.) my camera HD Webcam C525 Logitech works only as a microphone. I tried a bunch of things, i know that USBInjectAll is installed. I hope someone has had the same issues so he can help me. I can actually give you any details you need. I use my hackintosh every day so I really want this to be done. Thank you.
Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 03.32.49.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-10 at 03.32.24.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-10 at 03.26.52.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.2 KB · Views: 1

rockthegod

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I have the same problem, hope someone has the answers. I installed High Sierra on my rig (Ryzen 9 3900X + Asus ROG x570i gaming + nvidia GTX 1070). I am using the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.

This is all the stuff that I did:

1) With no USB mapping, the three USB 3 controllers would show up as XHC0, HS0x and SSDT-GP13.XHC0 under different controller nodes. All available USB 3.0 ports were detected and functional but operating at USB 1.0/2.0 speeds (12 Mbps/480 Mbps).

2) Followed this guide for exhaustive USB mapping via SSDTs:
https://aplus.rs/2020/usb-mapping-how/

Renamed XHC1 > XHCI and SSDT-GP13.XHC0 > XHC2 via SSDT editing and mapped all the correct available USB ports in my SSDTs. All three of my USB 3 controllers show up correctly and renamed properly in IOreg/Hackintool BUT they are still operating at USB 1.0/2.0 speeds (12 Mbps/480 Mbps). Facepalm

3) Injected GenericUSBXHCIPCI.kext out of desperation. All USB controllers just vanished. Not all available ports are working BUT those that are working are now operating at true USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) speeds. I tested an external USB 3.0 based SSD drive using Blackmagick drive speed tool and that would comfortably reach 350 MB/s R/W speeds.

So EITHER I have to live with correct USB mapping/controller configuration but limited to USB 2.0 speeds
OR
fewer working ports at the correct USB 3.0 rated speeds.

I personally think that the culprit might just be High Sierra itself (which I have to use for the nvidia web driver support). Upgrading to Catalina with a newer SMBIOS might just solve the USB problem but that I cannot do for the time being.

If anyone knows another workaround, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Vorshim92

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I have the same problem, hope someone has the answers. I installed High Sierra on my rig (Ryzen 9 3900X + Asus ROG x570i gaming + nvidia GTX 1070). I am using the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.

This is all the stuff that I did:

1) With no USB mapping, the three USB 3 controllers would show up as XHC0, HS0x and SSDT-GP13.XHC0 under different controller nodes. All available USB 3.0 ports were detected and functional but operating at USB 1.0/2.0 speeds (12 Mbps/480 Mbps).

2) Followed this guide for exhaustive USB mapping via SSDTs:
https://aplus.rs/2020/usb-mapping-how/

Renamed XHC1 > XHCI and SSDT-GP13.XHC0 > XHC2 via SSDT editing and mapped all the correct available USB ports in my SSDTs. All three of my USB 3 controllers show up correctly and renamed properly in IOreg/Hackintool BUT they are still operating at USB 1.0/2.0 speeds (12 Mbps/480 Mbps). Facepalm

3) Injected GenericUSBXHCIPCI.kext out of desperation. All USB controllers just vanished. Not all available ports are working BUT those that are working are now operating at true USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) speeds. I tested an external USB 3.0 based SSD drive using Blackmagick drive speed tool and that would comfortably reach 350 MB/s R/W speeds.

So EITHER I have to live with correct USB mapping/controller configuration but limited to USB 2.0 speeds
OR
fewer working ports at the correct USB 3.0 rated speeds.

I personally think that the culprit might just be High Sierra itself (which I have to use for the nvidia web driver support). Upgrading to Catalina with a newer SMBIOS might just solve the USB problem but that I cannot do for the time being.

If anyone knows another workaround, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
same story here, i think it's just a different way to setup usb on high sierra... something missing maybe. Hope to buy a new gpu and switch to mojave or catalina soon

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.