USB devices stuttering & micro freezes, poor rendering performance in Safari. 2700X, RX 5700 XT

krs

AMD OS X Member
Hey folks.

I just set up my first hackintosh. Yay! Actually I didn't plan to build one in the first place that's why I haven't checked out any buyer guides beforehand. (I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700X on a ASRock X570M Pro4 with a PowerColor RX 5700 XT. Bad CPU choice, I know... this was an accident as well) But I figured: Well, I just give it a try.

Using OpenCore 0.5.7, macOS 10.15.4, SMBIOS MacPro7,1 everything is running smoothly except for those micro lags and stuttering. I first experienced it on my external audio interface (Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2): Small stuttering when watching YouTube oder listening to music on SoundCloud. (Mainboard Audio is fine) But then my USB mouse and keyboard started lagging as well. When I move my pointer in a straight line it will freeze in place every couple of seconds for a few milliseconds and then jumps back to the place it should be. I can reproduce it every time I open the "About This Mac" window. It's horrible. Also the rendering and video playback performance in Safari is quite poor. I got some kind of stuttering when resizing the window. I can play and resize H264 videos in Quicktime Player smoothly without problems and VDADecoderChecker says hardware acceleration is working. DRM on the other hand is not working and I couldn't get it to work following the Open Core Desktop Guide. Also graphics performance seems a bit off... I get just around 1700 Point/40fps in Unigine Valley Benchmark on 1080p Ultra. Everything's working fine on Windows though.

I digged into USB port mapping but that doesn't seem to be an issue. All ports are recognised correctly... So I figured it might be a problem with my graphics card... But after days of looking for answers I'm stuck here.
Can you take a look at my EFI If I did something terrible wrong?

Thank you so much in advance for your help. <3

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 13

heylookitseric

AMD OS X Member
I don't know the answer here, but just curious if I have a similar issue.

Are you plugging in your usb devices directly into the mobo or are you using a USB hub?

djmartain

AMD OS X Member
Change your BIOS setting for the GPU to run at PCIe 3.0 and if possible, disable any com ports in BIOS and your build will run without hickups.

Jinster

AMD OS X Member
Hey folks.

I just set up my first hackintosh. Yay! Actually I didn't plan to build one in the first place that's why I haven't checked out any buyer guides beforehand. (I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700X on a ASRock X570M Pro4 with a PowerColor RX 5700 XT. Bad CPU choice, I know... this was an accident as well) But I figured: Well, I just give it a try.

Using OpenCore 0.5.7, macOS 10.15.4, SMBIOS MacPro7,1 everything is running smoothly except for those micro lags and stuttering. I first experienced it on my external audio interface (Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2): Small stuttering when watching YouTube oder listening to music on SoundCloud. (Mainboard Audio is fine) But then my USB mouse and keyboard started lagging as well. When I move my pointer in a straight line it will freeze in place every couple of seconds for a few milliseconds and then jumps back to the place it should be. I can reproduce it every time I open the "About This Mac" window. It's horrible. Also the rendering and video playback performance in Safari is quite poor. I got some kind of stuttering when resizing the window. I can play and resize H264 videos in Quicktime Player smoothly without problems and VDADecoderChecker says hardware acceleration is working. DRM on the other hand is not working and I couldn't get it to work following the Open Core Desktop Guide. Also graphics performance seems a bit off... I get just around 1700 Point/40fps in Unigine Valley Benchmark on 1080p Ultra. Everything's working fine on Windows though.

I digged into USB port mapping but that doesn't seem to be an issue. All ports are recognised correctly... So I figured it might be a problem with my graphics card... But after days of looking for answers I'm stuck here.
Can you take a look at my EFI If I did something terrible wrong?

Thank you so much in advance for your help. <3

I have the same issue. I have read it's related to the DisplayPort settings on 5700XT. You need to turn down the DP version on your card/monitor or something. I can't remember. From what I read people running 5700XT on real Macs are having the same issue. My Ryzentosh is now just languishing because of the 5700XT card.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.