Upgrades Past 12.1 Don't Show Up...

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I know I had this issue with another box and Shaneee told me what to change, however I cannot find that post. I am having the same issue with another box, when I check updates it says there are none, it is on 12.1. If I remember it was a simple setting in config.plist, however, I cannot find it. Do you by any chance know what setting would cause it to state there are no new updates past 12.1?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Make sure you have enabled SIP, if you disabled it previously for any reason.

Yes there are a couple of updates newer than Monterey 12.1.

Monterey updates to 12.2 and 12.2.1 have been released, 12.3 is due shortly.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Check that SecureBootModel is set as Default, not Disabled.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Check that SecureBootModel is set as Default, not Disabled.
That was it, thank you. I changed it from Disabled to Default and works now.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
For anyone searching for solution to this, SecureBootModel is in the Misc./Security section of Config.plist

naresh

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
Im not seeing any update, I have SecureBootModel is in Default mode and SIP is enabled, but still not showing the update, please help me. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 4

askunk

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
Im not seeing any update, I have SecureBootModel is in Default mode and SIP is enabled, but still not showing the update, please help me. Thanks in advance.
I had the same problem with 12.1. Solved by creating a bootable 12.2 full installer and "re-installing" macOS 12.2 over the 12.1 on my Ryzentosh. It worked perfectly. And now even the 12.3 update showed up.

naresh

AMD OS X Member
I had the same problem with 12.1. Solved by creating a bootable 12.2 full installer and "re-installing" macOS 12.2 over the 12.1 on my Ryzentosh. It worked perfectly. And now even the 12.3 update showed up.
I don't want install again with updated version, I want install update by system only. Thanks for you help.

askunk

AMD OS X Member
I don't want install again with updated version, I want install update by system only. Thanks for you help.
As you wish. But bear in mind that it doesn't change much. It just may take a few more minutes.
I had this problem only with 12.1. Installing the update with the full 12.2 installer solved it and now I have the 12.3 update waiting in System Preferences.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.