Updating to OC 0.5.9

SlashLP97

AMD OS X Member
I have been trying to be good about udating OpenCore as new releases come out to support the community by being able to report bugs and stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest. I've always followed the Differences.pdf file as it always seemed to layout how to move from the previous version to the new version. However, the Differences.pdf file in the 0.5.9 package does not seem to address the changes from 0.5.8, just address 0.5.9 as if it were the starting point. Are there any specific config.plist values that needed to be added/changed/deleted to move from 0.5.8 to 0.5.9 for Haswell architecture? I have updated my BOOTx64.efi, OpenRuntime.efi, and OpenCore.efi but can't seem to track down any way to determine if my config.plist needs to be changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tl;dr I want to update from 0.5.8 to 0.5.9 but can't figure out if I need to change my config.plist. Please help.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

SlashLP97

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the reply! I also use that tool, I thought it only looked at what keys were present, not what values those keys were. I did a compare, made them match, and everything worked fine, I guess I'm just used to a more detailed comparison and update

awediohead

AMD OS X Member
Another way of doing much the same thing, is to load your old config into https://opencore.slowgeek.com/ but with the new version of OC selected. It does a pretty good job of identifying what you need to change to get things up to date. That said, I've also found it messes with my head less if I just start a fresh config and work through the guide - then at the end you just copy and paste over your SMBIOS stuff so Apple thinks you're using the same machine for iMessage etc.

biker972

AMD OS X Member
Hi to all, I'm totally new into hackintosh world, this is my first hacksintosh :)
Ryzen 2700, RX570 OC 0.5.6
I would like to update to the latest OC but not sure how to do that....I've tried to find some step-by-step tutorial how to do that, no luck :(
I know and understand that for some experienced hackintosher this is easy step, but for me as a beginner this is like a walk through the jungle :)
Thnx

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You can either read the Differences.pdf that comes with OC, or use a Diff program and compare your config.plist to the sample.plist (which is what I usually do)

biker972

AMD OS X Member
And just change config.plist without any other upload/update?

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Here's a step by step guide. Its part of the Opencore Desktop Guide. Its what I used and its fairly simple to follow.

biker972

AMD OS X Member
^ Hi, can you please help me as I really don't understand what I need to do:
I'm currently on step 5:
I made GUID usb disk, run MountEFI and chose that disk but nothing happened :( - I don't have mounted EFI from that usb disk (or I misunderstud what I need to do)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.