Updating OC

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi,

Im trying to update to the latest OC. Ive gone through the guide on how to do this, but cannot figure out what is stopping me booting from the USB. EFI attached, any help would be great.

Thanks
Rob

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@r08ert0 Add your smbios details back and try now.
I noticed your USBMap.kext wasn't attached to your config.plist so I added it for you but as I don't know if its meant to be in use or not I left it disabled so enable if you want to use it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 2

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@r08ert0 Add your smbios details back and try now.
I noticed your USBMap.kext wasn't attached to your config.plist so I added it for you but as I don't know if its meant to be in use or not I left it disabled so enable if you want to use it.
@AudioGod Thanks for the USB heads up. Still doesn't work. I just get a blank screen if booting from my USB. Ive tried again from scratch and still the same. Any ideas?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod Thanks for the USB heads up. Still doesn't work. I just get a blank screen if booting from my USB. Ive tried again from scratch and still the same. Any ideas?
do you have above 4g enabled in the bios?
If you do have it enabled then try disabling it and adding npci=0x2000 The boot arguments
also try clearing your nvram

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
do you have above 4g enabled in the bios?
If you do have it enabled then try disabling it and adding npci=0x2000 The boot arguments
also try clearing your nvram
Just tried all of that, still nothing. Stumped.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@r08ert0 I've remade the EFI from scratch. Not sure on your 4G setting so I've added npci=0x2000. Adjust accordingly and add your SMBios info back in.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@r08ert0 I've remade the EFI from scratch. Not sure on your 4G setting so I've added npci=0x2000. Adjust accordingly and add your SMBios info back in.
Hi @Shaneee , thank you for taking the time to do this. My 4g setting is enabled, so do I remove npci=0x2000? Im running Catalina 15.7. Do I need to name the USB as EFI or is it OK just to have the EFI on the USB named anything?

This is what comes back in Sanity Checker.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yes if you’ve got 4G enabled remove the npci boot arg. No need to rename the drive just mount the efi partition and place the efi folder inside.
The sanity checker needs an update.

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yes if you’ve got 4G enabled remove the npci boot arg. No need to rename the drive just mount the efi partition and place the efi folder inside.
The sanity checker needs an update.
The actual sanity checker website needs updating or the config does?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
The website. It’s not been updated for the changes to OpenCore.

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The website. It’s not been updated for the changes to OpenCore.
OK, so I've done everything correctly and booted from EFI external in the picker. I just get a blank screen. ??

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You don’t boot efi. It’s effectively loading itself that way. You need to choose the macOS option whether it’s the installer or an installed system.

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You don’t boot efi. It’s effectively loading itself that way. You need to choose the macOS option whether it’s the installer or an installed system.
Ah ok. On my picker there is no Mac OS option. It’s an installed system and all I want to do is update OC. Do I need Mac OS on the USB?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Well that’s an issue. Replace VBoxHfs with OpenHfs included with opencore. Remember to alter the config to reflect this change.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.