Updated EFI freezes on Catalina

nick9090

AMD OS X Member
Hey Guys,

I am a noob. I updated my EFI on a USB Stick but it's freezing after a few seconds all the time on Catalina. I think I messed up with the Kernel Patches. Can someone give me a working EFI for my Configuration? Maybe somebody has a similar setup. I will change Serial Number to mine of course

My configuration:
  • AMD Ryzen 2400G
  • AsRock B450m Pro4
  • RX580 8GB
  • 8 GB DDR4 RAM

I can add my specific kexts myself but I am struggling with updating the kernel patches.

sileshn

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

I have attached mine both for catalina and bigsur. My graphics card is different though. You can try if they work for you. I am presently running BigSur 11.0.1 beta.

OC is the latest compiled from source. Triple boot with Manjaro and WIndows 10.

My config:

Ryzen 2400g
Nvidia GeForce GT710
MSI Pro VDH Max
16GB ram

Attachments

• Manjaro-grub.png
    Manjaro-grub.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.02.40 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.02.40 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
  • BigSur.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • Catalina.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 11

t_riikonen

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

I have attached mine both for catalina and bigsur. My graphics card is different though. You can try if they work for you. I am presently running BigSur 11.0.1 beta.

OC is the latest compiled from source. Triple boot with Manjaro and WIndows 10.

Just for curiosity, you attached a screen shot of Grub, is that your primary boot loader?
I have encountered only problems if I have both Grub and OC in a dual/triple boot system.

sileshn

AMD OS X Member
Yes. Each OS is installed in a different disk. Windows 10 on nvme, Manjaro and BigSur on ssd's. Grub calls OC to boot MacOS.

Sent from my ASUS_X01BD using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.