Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone..

Has anyone managed to update to 12.3? Yesterday when apple released the official version I decided to update it and it left my mac unusable. I had to do a fresh install again.

Has anyone got it? Maybe I've done something wrong...

My Opencore I don't know if it will be the last one but I updated it 2 weeks ago.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You'll need the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext

clover84

AMD OS X Member
Also see my thread

Seems like the 12.3 beta 5 (RC) and 12.3 official (released on March 14) are the same build, thus my hack doesn't see any updates.
So problems are the same:
— low graphics performance: on a 4K display with scaling some apps are terribly slow, Telegram for example
— wallpaper glitch is still in place
— no network on MSI MEG Unify still (Fenvi T919 + LucyRTL8125)

muscledman94

AMD OS X Member
Also see my thread

Seems like the 12.3 beta 5 (RC) and 12.3 official (released on March 14) are the same build, thus my hack doesn't see any updates.
So problems are the same:
— low graphics performance: on a 4K display with scaling some apps are terribly slow, Telegram for example
— wallpaper glitch is still in place
— no network on MSI MEG Unify still (Fenvi T919 + LucyRTL8125)
Can confirm what clover84 wrote. I made same experience. The low graphics performance brought me back to Monterey 12.2.1

cdomz

AMD OS X Member

cdomz

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone..

Has anyone managed to update to 12.3? Yesterday when apple released the official version I decided to update it and it left my mac unusable. I had to do a fresh install again.

My Opencore I don't know if it will be the last one but I updated it 2 weeks ago.
I am in the same boat but I can't do a fresh install because I don't want to format my HD :(.

cdomz

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone..

I've tried OC 0.7.9 with no results. My computer reboots after 30% apple logo progress bar.

tung_opeth

AMD OS X Member
may be there's something updated in patches, lets wait before proceed upgrading

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
There is definitely something wrong with performance after 12.3, not even Hackintosh related. If you haven't yet, best not to update to 12.3 at this time.

AntarcticPL

AMD OS X Member
I've tried OC 0.7.9 with no results. My computer reboots after 30% apple logo progress bar.
Same for me, added AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext, update went fine, but reboot crashes.
Will need to check the log tomorrow ...

Landi.erik

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone, I've been following this thread very closely as I was having the boot loop issue as well. Every time I looked at the Kernel Panic log it seemed like a new KEXT was failing to load. Eventually I tracked it back to the on board NIC. I have the MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon with the Intel I211 and when I have the OLD SmallTree 82576 KEXT installed it boots without fail. Without the KEXT it goes back into a boot loop cycle.

wintersun52

AMD OS X Member
Hi, just updated to 12.3 was getting boot loop, installed AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext now no boot loop. Disabled the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext and it goes back to boot looping, enabled the kext again and it boots OK, looks like 12.3 will not work without it.

AntarcticPL

AMD OS X Member
Same for me, added AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext, update went fine, but reboot crashes.
Will need to check the log tomorrow ...
Figured out what went wrong.
I was still using the old 'Radeonboost.kext' which gave a higher Metal/OpenCL score on my RX580.
When booting to the desktop it crashed. Had to disable this kext in OpenCore.

cdomz

AMD OS X Member
may be there's something updated in patches, lets wait before proceed upgrading
Definitely the smartest path is to wait, I had to downgrade to 12.2.1 which runs smoothly and very stable. Lets wait until more info is available.

clover84

AMD OS X Member
It seems like I've found a solution to graphical problems. I have a Radeon Pro W5500 card, but it's not a card that comes with Mac Pro. They do have a W5500X though, so I just spoofed my card with an X one in opencore. Now it's smooth. The only potential issue I've noticed is that the fan doesn't spin up under load. Not sure if it's normal behavior, but in the past I clearly heard the fan spin up when working in Figma or rendering with Blender. The card isn't getting very hot to the touch though.

UPD: seems like W5500X has a different cooling profile, thus a different fan curve. When "idle" (not under heavy load) the fan doesn't spin at all. Under load it gently ramps up, but doesn't reach even 50%.

UPD2: fan speed doesn't change even when I'm hitting 92C. Not good.

UPD3: figured out the fan speed. Had a custom curve in Device Properties, surprised it even worked. Removed the string, and the fan is back to normal behavior.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.