KieranWaugh

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,

I decided to update my stable Catalina build to Big Sur, I’ve updated the patches to the experimental one (i think thats correct) and updated to open core 0.63. When booting macOS installer it gets stuck on “AMDCPUSupport:start Family 17h, Model 01h” and the installer goes no further. I can still boot into Catalina and all is fine.

Edit: it also occasionally get stuck on one line after saying “pci (build 00:20:21 Oct 31 2020), flags 0x20c1080”

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Cheers

Last edited:

Carniphage

AMD OS X Member
I am at stuck at exactly the same point. Will let you know if I make progress.

Heiko77

AMD OS X Member
You can use latest stable patches. Did you rebuild your config when updating it ? Try restarting from scratch using dortonia guide. That always fixed my problems. I tried some tools, but they’re not as good as the guide. Try sanity checker after that.

Last edited:

KieranWaugh

AMD OS X Member
I'll try the latest stable patch too. I updated my config (using the guide) and updated to OC 0.63. The sanity checked shows no issues also.

I have attached my EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1 MB · Views: 12

Carniphage

AMD OS X Member
I'll try the latest stable patch too. I updated my config (using the guide) and updated to OC 0.63. The sanity checked shows no issues also.

I have attached my EFI folder
I am still stuck at the same point. Having tried a bunch of config.plist changes.
Occasionally, the log gets a few lines further and you see this. (attachement)

"WRMSR" refers to Write to Model Specific Register. Does this make sense to anyone?

IMG_2169.jpeg

KieranWaugh

AMD OS X Member
I am still stuck at the same point. Having tried a bunch of config.plist changes.
Occasionally, the log gets a few lines further and you see this. (attachement)

"WRMSR" refers to Write to Model Specific Register. Does this make sense to anyone?

View attachment 1780
Managed to fix it by replacing all my kext files and re adding by OC snapshot. I'm guessing there was an issue with an older one. Hopefully it works for you too.

Carniphage

AMD OS X Member
Managed to fix it by replacing all my kext files and re adding by OC snapshot. I'm guessing there was an issue with an older one. Hopefully it works for you too.
Thanks for that. Most of my kexts are OpenCore specific, but I have an ethernet driver and couple of others.

Carniphage

AMD OS X Member
That worked!
(Well I am booting into a black screen. But almost there.)

Carniphage

AMD OS X Member
That worked!
(Well I am booting into a black screen. But almost there.)
...and all the way there. Black screen was on Display Port. HDMI was fine. Bit of cable swapping and got across the line. Thanks for your help Kieran.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.