Update BigSur to Monterey error

amox

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone,
I need help updating BigSur to Monterey. My English is very limited and I work with translation tools.
I am a beginner, a friend that I can unfortunately no longer ask has installed BigSur for me. When I update to Monterey, I reach my limits.
BigSur works with me without any problems. The updates within BigSur also all ran without any problems. I tried to read into the problem but can't get any further.

The update starts without any problems. After restarting the Macintosh HD I get the following error message (see screenshot)

Many thanks for your help

My hardware is

Mainboard: MSI B550
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: Radeon RX 480

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 18

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
As I understand from other posts about Monterey and MSI boards, this will probably never work - or perhaps only by regressing the BIOS to one that does work... so trial and error. There is something specific to MSI boards that prevents them from advancing to Monterey apparently.

amox

AMD OS X Member
Okay, that's a shame. Then I'll stay with Big Sur for the time being. A hardware change is not due until spring.

Until then, I'll test a little with the BIOS settings.

Thank you very much

amox

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.