Update BigSur to Monterey error

amox

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone,
I need help updating BigSur to Monterey. My English is very limited and I work with translation tools.
I am a beginner, a friend that I can unfortunately no longer ask has installed BigSur for me. When I update to Monterey, I reach my limits.
BigSur works with me without any problems. The updates within BigSur also all ran without any problems. I tried to read into the problem but can't get any further.

The update starts without any problems. After restarting the Macintosh HD I get the following error message (see screenshot)

Many thanks for your help

My hardware is

Mainboard: MSI B550
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: Radeon RX 480

My EFI and screenshot is attached

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 9

XgamesMFZB

AMD OS X Member
Motherboard is MSI B550 Tomahawk or something else?
Tomahawk is what I have, along with Monterey, if that's the one, maybe I can help.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@amox your EFI is a mess, you have way too many unnecessary kexts in there... You also need to update to a recent OC and update the kernel patches, you're still using the old ones which don't support Monterey.

XgamesMFZB

AMD OS X Member
@amox your EFI is a mess, you have way too many unnecessary kexts in there... You also need to update to a recent OC and update the kernel patches, you're still using the old ones which don't support Monterey.
+1
Also make sure you update your ProperTree along with your OpenCore. A new OpenCore with an old ProperTree will do no good, some values could be missing as I previously experienced myself.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.