Unlock with Apple Watch broke Bluetooth

bbc_wlrdnewz

AMD OS X Member
Hey all -

Bluetooth had been working great with my Fenvi card until now - and I had honestly forgot about unlock with Apple Watch so I figured I would turn it on.

Well - things broke as soon as I checked the box - now I basically have Phantom Bluetooth.

I will show in the menu, and when I connect the magic keyboard it displays in the bluetooth window but nothing will connect via bluetooth and the keyboard won't stay connected once unplugged. This is literally all I did - how could I have messed it up this badly?

Any suggestions on how I can get things back up and running?

I've attached by EFI below.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI x570 Gaming WIFI
XGX 5700 XT
Fenvi T919

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 12.44.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 12.44.50 PM.png
    579.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 12.45.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 12.45.04 PM.png
    494 KB · Views: 10

Landi.erik

AMD OS X Member
Maybe this is a silly suggestion but have you tried resetting your Bluetooth module? Hold down the left shift, and the alt-option keys while clicking the Bluetooth Icon in the menu bar. You should then see the debug menu and click the “reset Bluetooth module.” I know that when I enabled the Unlock from Apple Watch setting I have to do this reset in order for my machine to connect to my watch. Also, are you using the BluetoothInjector.kext from the BCRM kext package? I had this problem as well using the Fenvi card, so I added just the injector kext and all seems to be nice and stable now. What version of OC/macOS are you on?

bbc_wlrdnewz

AMD OS X Member
Maybe this is a silly suggestion but have you tried resetting your Bluetooth module? Hold down the left shift, and the alt-option keys while clicking the Bluetooth Icon in the menu bar. You should then see the debug menu and click the “reset Bluetooth module.” I know that when I enabled the Unlock from Apple Watch setting I have to do this reset in order for my machine to connect to my watch. Also, are you using the BluetoothInjector.kext from the BCRM kext package? I had this problem as well using the Fenvi card, so I added just the injector kext and all seems to be nice and stable now. What version of OC/macOS are you on?

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried and that didn't work unfortunately.

I am on the latest Catalina 10.15.6.

I will try that KEXT - where did you grab it from?

Landi.erik

AMD OS X Member

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
I had issues with my bluetooth, and run a program called bluesuite? Changed slots and it worked.

bbc_wlrdnewz

AMD OS X Member
Here is the main Repo on GitHub, remember you just need the injector and don’t need to do anything regarding uploading firmware. That’s what has worked for me. https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

Thanks - tried this but seems like it's still not working.

When I look in Hackintool it shows this - so did I do something and activate the other Bluetooth by mistake?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 8.01.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 8.01.34 AM.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.